new wheels tires, endless mechanical repairs

gavinfallow

Reaction score
The repairs continue, and some plans to ramp up the poly a bit. I got a factory cast iron 2 x 4 intake, and am slowly collecting the parts needed for the swap. I expect a steep learning curve tuning the dual quads, and any advice is welcome. I'll be using a progressive linkage with two 4028 AVS Carters. Planning on a set of TTI headers to compliment the bigger intake. Could really use a suspension freshen up, and a sway bar (or two) would be nice. Body work...Paint...Sure-grip? 3.55's? 4-speed? Cam?

I started off saying it would stay stock and just cruise, but man, the sound and feel of that poly and the lurch of the whole behemoth when you press the gas is so addictive.

In other news, I got married to a total babe recently. We were gonna use the Fury to drive off from the courthouse, but there were some brake and fuel issues I couldn't sort out in time. So instead, the photographer came to the garage where the car was parked and we did some burnout shots (plus a few cutesy pics of us cruising and hanging out in the car, which I will spare the forum, for now). I knew I was about to get rid of the dry-rotted bias plys, so it seemed like a good time to fry them a bit. They smoked nice. Small wonder they didn't just shred or explode.

The color photo is from yesterday. Finally some new radial tires. Red wheels will probably look even nicer when I take care of the cavernous rust holes in the quarter panel and door. Lots of work.

Anyone have any spare AVS/AFB parts lying around? One of these carbs is missing a step-up rod/piston/cover plate

MG BW Wed 065.jpg

MG BW Wed 066.jpg

MG BW Wed 067.jpg

MG BW Wed 068.jpg

MG BW Wed 069.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

I have a complete AVS or AFB carb or two. I'm heading over to storage today and was planning on bringing some carbs back. If there are any carter parts I'll grab those too

Back