NEW Yorker NEW interior

Just a little update if anyone's still watching

Got my 6x9 speakers in the package tray and the two 4" speakers in the dash wired up, got my radio back from Gary Tayman and installed. Everything looks, works, and sounds great! Did the FMR-2 and Bluetooth conversion. I also decided to go with the floor pan from Classic 2 Current and it looks like it will work better than the donor floor pan I got from the derby car. So that's ready to go in as soon as my welder is ready to do it. Getting closer and getting excited to drive it again.

IMG_3440.JPG
IMG_3441.JPG
IMG_3442.JPG
IMG_3443.JPG

Just a little update if anyone's still watching

Got my 6x9 speakers in the package tray and the two 4" speakers in the dash wired up, got my radio back from Gary Tayman and installed. Everything looks, works, and sounds great! Did the FMR-2 and Bluetooth conversion. I also decided to go with the floor pan from Classic 2 Current and it looks like it will work better than the donor floor pan I got from the derby car. So that's ready to go in as soon as my welder is ready to do it. Getting closer and getting excited to drive it again.
That dash looks awesome! I usually think of myself as perfectly happy with AM radio and a 6x9 but these conversion jobs are growing on me. Not exactly where I need to put my $$ right now but I can see it coming!

That dash looks awesome! I usually think of myself as perfectly happy with AM radio and a 6x9 but these conversion jobs are growing on me. Not exactly where I need to put my $$ right now but I can see it coming!
I love music, I also love the rumble of the car. I'm really happy I went with the radio conversion. It's one of the first things I wanted to do when I bought the car

I love music, I also love the rumble of the car. I'm really happy I went with the radio conversion. It's one of the first things I wanted to do when I bought the car
I've been into music/a musician all my life. Back when I had my 68 with it's AM radio I only got one station. It was an "oldies" station BUT it was Canadian and they didn't stick to the late fifties early sixties USA standard fare. It was actually a really eclectic mix, comparatively. There was the earlier stuff but also went into the 70's and 80's and a lot of Canadian stuff you'd never hear on radio in the states. Theres still so many tunes I cant hear without also hearing the roar of my 440 on top of it. Definitely added another dimension to my enjoyment of that car.

I've been into music/a musician all my life. Back when I had my 68 with it's AM radio I only got one station. It was an "oldies" station BUT it was Canadian and they didn't stick to the late fifties early sixties USA standard fare. It was actually a really eclectic mix, comparatively. There was the earlier stuff but also went into the 70's and 80's and a lot of Canadian stuff you'd never hear on radio in the states. Theres still so many tunes I cant hear without also hearing the roar of my 440 on top of it. Definitely added another dimension to my enjoyment of that car.
Exactly how I feel about it too. The cool thing is when the cars cruising at over 35mph it runs so smooth I can hardly hear the motor running. So if I ever get this thing road trip worthy it'll be all tunes!

Just a little update here, POR15'd the floor yesterday. Just waiting for the carpet to get here from Stock Interiors. But I have some bad news, Friday after work I was driving home and my 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 was shifting weird like I lost second gear and had no power. Yesterday morning I was taking it to my friends transmission shop when I left the house I had nothing. Had to get a tow and got the call later in the day, bands were gone, torque converter done and the rear u joints were bad. So looks like I'll be working long days and weekends to pay for this one. Bummed on the truck but stoked to be getting closer with the car
IMG_3481.JPG
IMG_3480.JPG

At least you are making progress with your car.:thumbsup: I got stalled on mine due to some of those "little unexpected expenses". I hate to hear that about your truck. Curiosity question though, did you do routine filter/fluid changes?

At least you are making progress with your car.:thumbsup: I got stalled on mine due to some of those "little unexpected expenses". I hate to hear that about your truck. Curiosity question though, did you do routine filter/fluid changes?
I haven't in a while but I need an oil change, filter, plugs, wires, and tranny service when I get a new pan gasket. That will all come when I convert from points to electronic ignition. But I'm going to get the carpet in and put the seats from my 66 Newport in it and drive it for the summer and enjoy it.

Last edited:
Just a little update here, POR15'd the floor yesterday. Just waiting for the carpet to get here from Stock Interiors. But I have some bad news, Friday after work I was driving home and my 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 was shifting weird like I lost second gear and had no power. Yesterday morning I was taking it to my friends transmission shop when I left the house I had nothing. Had to get a tow and got the call later in the day, bands were gone, torque converter done and the rear u joints were bad. So looks like I'll be working long days and weekends to pay for this one. Bummed on the truck but stoked to be getting closer with the car
View attachment 124092 View attachment 124093

Pat: Your car is lookng great with the new dash pad color, and the floor work is mighty fine. Please tell me what steps you followed to apply the POR-15. It looks like it was sprayed - not brushed. I'm getting ready to do the same to the floors in my car.

Also, the replacement floor panel looks like factory. And is that the panel everybody poo poo's?

Pat: Your car is lookng great with the new dash pad color, and the floor work is mighty fine. Please tell me what steps you followed to apply the POR-15. It looks like it was sprayed - not brushed. I'm getting ready to do the same to the floors in my car.

Also, the replacement floor panel looks like factory. And is that the panel everybody poo poo's?
Rip, I vacuumed and cleaned the floors real good, scraped off all the big chunks of rust and brushed the por15 on. The floor pan came from Classic 2 Current, we cut it to fit what we had to cut out and welded it in then I put some roofing silicone over the seams. I figured if it's strong enough to seal a roof and holds up to the heat of the roof it'll be good enough for me. I don't plan on driving in the rain too much or storing it outside. Thanks for the positive comments

Oh yeah... my carpet came yesterday! Putting in some hardwood floor underlayment that's foil on one side and carpet jute on the other. It's about 3/16" thick. Hoping it helps with the heat and some road noise. I also got the package tray in last week. I'll post pics in a little bit

Awesome work on the floors man! Looks super solid and clean.
Feel you on the unexpected obstacle stuff. My 383 is all torn down awaiting cleaning, have *almost* all of the parts save for a new oil pump, intermediate drive and consumables THEN one of my dogs has to go in for her 3rd unexpected surgery in 4 years .. one grand goes poof.

Thanks GJS, sorry to hear about your pup. You just never know what can happen. Hope she has a speedy recovery!

As Chris Knight said "times are tough but they ain't got nothin on me"

Thanks GJS, sorry to hear about your pup. You just never know what can happen. Hope she has a speedy recovery!

As Chris Knight said "times are tough but they ain't got nothin on me"
Aw man, nothing phases her. She's a trooper. Besides, she's just as happy sitting in the back seat of the Monaco when it's not moving as when it is.

IMG_1472.JPG
My Queensland heeler is the same exact way. He loves going for rides and I swear that dog feels no pain. Had to get him stitched up twice in a month from fighting with another dog and going too hard playing fetch. Troopers they are

Back