NEW Yorker NEW interior

Carpet roughed in. Started cutting out for the gas pedal, high beam switch and front seat holes. I'll finish it up tomorrow and maybe try to get some temporary seats from the 66 Newport in and drive it around some until my upholstery guy gets to my seats. Headliner next
IMG_3490.JPG

That's what I'm going back and forth on. I feel pretty confident that I can do it myself but I'd hate to order something and it not fit or get it and screw something up. Especially with something like that

That's what I'm going back and forth on. I feel pretty confident that I can do it myself but I'd hate to order something and it not fit or get it and screw something up. Especially with something like that

Doing it yourself can be intimdating, but it is also a big boost for your confidence and motivation going forward.

The worst that will happen is that you will spend more money on a second attempt.

The best that can happen is that you can tell everyone you did it yourself, and saved significantly on labor.

Original Auto Interiors uses Acme Auto Headliners as a supplier. The fact that Acme asked for my original headliner to compare, tells me that they have addressed any measuring ussues.

Hope the input helps.

John

Carpets in, trimmed, formed, sill plates and kick panels on. Just need some seats and I'll be good to go until I get ready for the headliner and the upholster to do my original seat covers
IMG_3495.JPG

Been a minute but finally a little update.

Dropping the seats off at the upholstery shop today.

It's been 4 years that I've owned the car and have done pretty much all the work myself so this is gonna be a huge payoff to all the hard work I've done. It still needs a headliner, windlace, and the door panels redone but that will be the next go round with the upholster. I'm just looking forward to getting fresh seats back so I can enjoy driving it around some and work on the other tidbits when the time and money come.

It's been 4 years that I've owned the car and have done pretty much all the work myself so this is gonna be a huge payoff to all the hard work I've done. It still needs a headliner, windlace, and the door panels redone but that will be the next go round with the upholster. I'm just looking forward to getting fresh seats back so I can enjoy driving it around some and work on the other tidbits when the time and money come.

Hey! Glad to hear of your continuing progress. Been wunderin' where you have been. . .

Nice progress so far. Carpet came out nice.

Something to keep in mind going forward:

The windlace must be installed before the headliner. The headliner will cover all access to the windlace retainers.

Get the seats in and drive it. :thumbsup:

Hope the input helps.

John

Nice progress so far. Carpet came out nice.

Something to keep in mind going forward:

The windlace must be installed before the headliner. The headliner will cover all access to the windlace retainers.

Get the seats in and drive it. :thumbsup:

Hope the input helps.

John
John- that's what I plan to do. Drive it for a bit and this winter do the wind lace, headliner and door panels

Hey! Glad to hear of your continuing progress. Been wunderin' where you have been. . .
Rip-
I'm still here. Haven't had much time for the car with work being so busy but I was caught up on what I could do to it until my upholstery guy was ready to do the seats.

How's the 300 coming along?

Just picked up a new thread, very nice work my friend, very nice. With a little bit elbow grease, spare time and perseverance.. can't wait to see the finished product.

C4A74041-E8EF-4F60-879E-CDFA1E541EDF.jpeg
2D72B5DB-473E-459D-8BBE-D46915CF7C97.jpeg
5EBE8624-E629-4B8A-A492-3DAD043CC02E.jpeg
D039AE9C-02CA-4B66-B285-5FB794725A9D.jpeg
7FC7E960-BD57-4740-9F23-D66B7310C8B1.jpeg
1535B61C-22C5-4FA4-AAFF-74A9CF57B268.jpeg
Finally an update on progress. Couple of these photos were the original seats from my 65 New Yorker. The rest are what I just got back from the upholstery guy. Only took him 4 months but he’s the only person in our county that does auto upholstery and he works by him self. I’m so beside myself that my car has some fresh seats in it. I never thought this car would see the day. Tomorrow is the maiden voyage for how far it’s come...oh and I also recently converted from points ignition to electronic. If you’ve followed this thread you know what else I’ve been up to on it the last year. Rust repairs, floor patches, radio conversion etc. more is to come as time goes by

View attachment 150099 View attachment 150100 View attachment 150101 View attachment 150102 View attachment 150103 View attachment 150104 Finally an update on progress. Couple of these photos were the original seats from my 65 New Yorker. The rest are what I just got back from the upholstery guy. Only took him 4 months but he’s the only person in our county that does auto upholstery and he works by him self. I’m so beside myself that my car has some fresh seats in it. I never thought this car would see the day. Tomorrow is the maiden voyage for how far it’s come...oh and I also recently converted from points ignition to electronic. If you’ve followed this thread you know what else I’ve been up to on it the last year. Rust repairs, floor patches, radio conversion etc. more is to come as time goes by

Mighty fine, Pat. Mighty fine!

41D8BB38-5FCD-4489-B5FF-653AD1BA2F80.jpeg
Got the dual glasspacks put on today and I must say it’s one of the best improvements I’ve done to her yet. Had a bad exhaust leak on passenger side and some holes in the pipes so it was time for it to go. Got some of the power back I was missing with the leaks and chirped the tires a couple times taking off from stop lights. What I’m also really excited about is it was a 60 mile round trip to the muffler shop in the next biggest town and there are some car shows coming up I will be trying to hit up this summer. I’ll post a video of the sound in the next couple days.

Well here’s the before and after sound. I’m just happy the exhaust leak is gone

Back