Newbie... kind of. :-)

300by500

Reaction score
I'm new to FCBO but was one of the first ten members on another C-body site back when I had my '69 Chrysler 300. I have some other Mopars now, but it looks like I may be a C-body owner again soon - so I thought I'd see what's up in the "barge" world.

I learned to drive in a '73 Fury Gran Coupe back in 1979.

Bought another one back in 2002, a 20-years-in-a-barn 360 car with only 22K miles...

AJAtQil.jpg

Then in 2003 I found another one with a 400 that was the same color as the one I drove at age 16, cold A/C and really solid. So I bought it and sold the yellow one...

hL5OXQc.jpg

There was also a white one I purchased in 2004 on ebay, white/white top. Pic is after I sold it to a local crack dealer who installed those wheels. He was busted in the car in 2006 and is still in prison.

3KEEuo5.jpg

In 2005 I bought a '69 300 on ebay as a roller for $810 and installed a 440/727 from a $500 '77 New Yorker... then I sold the rough (but solid) New Yorker shell to a derby guy for $440. Total investment was under $1000 before I added the '78 Super Coupe wheels and new tires. When other projects left me short on indoor storage I sold this one in 2007, and have kicked myself ever since! It went to Finland. *sigh*

WMURBHJ.png

Another recent Mopar was the '84 Crew I bought in 2014 and sold last year...

KZSa95z.jpg

I currently have a 498 stroker powered '69 Barracuda never-ending project that is on the waiting list for an 8-point roll bar at B&B Race Cars in Tennessee...

rR7SASz.jpg

... and a factory EL5 Butterscotch '71 Swinger that is currently in the body shop. Was really tempted to leave the original paint but it was just a little too far gone. I am building a carbed 5.9 Magnum for it.

EmttQLk.jpg

I am currently looking at another Fusie, a '73 Newport 4-door. Plans are to pretty much leave it as-is except for stance and wheels/tires and make a fun driver out of it!
Looking for factory C-Body road wheels (who isn't? LOL), or I may possibly go with some 18" Ridler 695s or painted Detroit Steel wheels.

MXlIzYI.jpg

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting "re-acquainted" with the C-Body world!

:thumbsup:

Welcome from NYC.. nice history of C's you had there. We all have "The one that got away" stories. At least you stuck with Mopars throughout. except the Ford truck in the background.. :poke:.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Welcome from NYC.. nice history of C's you had there. We all have "The one that got away" stories. At least you stuck with Mopars throughout. except the Ford truck in the background.. :poke:.

That Ford belonged to my brother, as did the little Chevy whatever-it-was!

I'm a Mopar guy! :)

I'm new to FCBO but was one of the first ten members on another C-body site back when I had my '69 Chrysler 300. I have some other Mopars now, but it looks like I may be a C-body owner again soon - so I thought I'd see what's up in the "barge" world.

I learned to drive in a '73 Fury Gran Coupe back in 1979.

Bought another one back in 2002, a 20-years-in-a-barn 360 car with only 22K miles...

View attachment 132352

Then in 2003 I found another one with a 400 that was the same color as the one I drove at age 16, cold A/C and really solid. So I bought it and sold the yellow one...

View attachment 132353

There was also a white one I purchased in 2004 on ebay, white/white top. Pic is after I sold it to a local crack dealer who installed those wheels. He was busted in the car in 2006 and is still in prison.

View attachment 132354

In 2005 I bought a '69 300 on ebay as a roller for $810 and installed a 440/727 from a $500 '77 New Yorker... then I sold the rough (but solid) New Yorker shell to a derby guy for $440. Total investment was under $1000 before I added the '78 Super Coupe wheels and new tires. When other projects left me short on indoor storage I sold this one in 2007, and have kicked myself ever since! It went to Finland. *sigh*

View attachment 132355

Another recent Mopar was the '84 Crew I bought in 2014 and sold last year...

View attachment 132356

I currently have a 498 stroker powered '69 Barracuda never-ending project that is on the waiting list for an 8-point roll bar at B&B Race Cars in Tennessee...

View attachment 132357

... and a factory EL5 Butterscotch '71 Swinger that is currently in the body shop. Was really tempted to leave the original paint but it was just a little too far gone. I am building a carbed 5.9 Magnum for it.

View attachment 132358

I am currently looking at another Fusie, a '73 Newport 4-door. Plans are to pretty much leave it as-is except for stance and wheels/tires and make a fun driver out of it!
Looking for factory C-Body road wheels (who isn't? LOL), or I may possibly go with some 18" Ridler 695s or painted Detroit Steel wheels.

View attachment 132359

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting "re-acquainted" with the C-Body world!

:thumbsup:

Hey! Welcome to FCBO. Looks like yer gonna fit in well here.

Back