Nice pick up

69monaco

Reaction score

1714582567036.png

Wonder how many were made ?

Wonder how many were made ?
I would imagine very few. The work involved in shortening the door's and lengthening the quarter's is quite involved. This car looks great in midnight blue. It was however made for the rear passengers comfort, not the drivers. I'm a skinny guy, but those door's would require some thought out entry and exit strategies.

I would imagine very few. The work involved in shortening the door's and lengthening the quarter's is quite involved. This car looks great in midnight blue. It was however made for the rear passengers comfort, not the drivers. I'm a skinny guy, but those door's would require some thought out entry and exit strategies.
Just a thought, it may be possible they used a 2dr coupe for the conversion and front doors off a 4dr car?

Just a thought, it may be possible they used a 2dr coupe for the conversion and front doors off a 4dr car?

That would be fairly "easy" compared to what I see with this car and the one Big_John posted, which has an open door picture. That picture makes it look like it's not a huge hinderence to get in and out. But that door is definitely shorter than a four door cars door. Look at how close the mirror is to the handle.

It reminds me of a shortened '69 Chevelle that used to be in town. We all thought it was so cool! Up until we saw the owner preforming gymnastics to get in it one day.

Back