Nice sunny day today, so...

This is the weather climatolagists have been warning us about for at least the last 30 years.
Unfortunately, the warnings have been largely scoffed at because of the Gore-type extremists clouding the reality with Chicken Little rants about Global Warming, a horrible misnomer.

The truth is that from now on the climate will be made of extremes. Colder winters, hotter summers. Devastating rains and severe droughts. Wars will erupt over fresh water supply as the world population explodes exponentialy. As the transfer of wealth continually shifts to the 1%, in sheer numbers, more will suffer while the king makers stay warm, dry, and comfortable. Emerging nations such as China and India will produce more climate altering by-products in a year than the past industrialized nations have generated in the last ten years combined.

Humanity WILL extinguish itself off the face of the planet. No colonization of Mars and the like is going to save us. The best we can do is to get in our cars, drive them until the endorphins kick in and enjoy the magnificent scenery that lies right before us in our very back yards.

I am going to send off winter by having these views in 4 weeks.

cruise 002.jpg

cruise 009.jpg

P2080366.jpg

DSCN0158.jpg

cruise 002.jpg

cruise 009.jpg

P2080366.jpg

Day 08  Panama canal crossing 137.jpg

DSCN0158.jpg

I think Canada sent ALL the cold air down to the Northeast U.S.A. 34F yesterday and it felt like spring.

I think Canada sent ALL the cold air down to the Northeast U.S.A. 34F yesterday and it felt like spring.
:laughing4: We've still got lot's of cold left.

This winter hasn't been all too bad here in Manitoba. There hasn't been quite as much snow as other years. It was cold for a while in December and the first couple weeks of January, but then it warmed up. It got cold again in February, not that unusual. It was -30 C or -22 F at 5:00 am yesterday morning and never got above - 19 C or -2 F all day, but it slowly started warming up overnight last night and is supposed to be 0 C or 32 F and sunny by this afternoon.

Those are nice pics and I was expecting the convertible too.:laughing7:
The highways are pretty much clear and dry here too. There's so much semi-trailer traffic on Hwy#1 that the salt pretty much gets blown away, off the road. It's a different story in the cities. Most busy streets have some hard packed ice, with lots of sand and salt thrown on them and the side streets are mostly packed snow. About four weeks from now everything will start melting and all the streets will be a wet, sloppy, salty mess. Then it will be Spring! :)

Back