WANTED no '68 Fury windshields in the USA??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosco

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello,
Having a hard time tracking down a windshield for my 1968 Fury II C body 4-door sedan. Several places have looked and some are telling me not available. Auto City Classics told me they have an order coming but not 'til mid February.
Does anybody have a lead? I'd like to obtain one before the end of the month.
-I should mention we did find one on Ebay but seemed a tad pricey ~$500 w/ shipping. Maybe I need to adjust my expectations. I would have thought this windshield would be fairly easy to find...

I bought a used windshield from Murray Park for the green ‘67 I sold last year and it was very nice to look through. I will be buying another one from him for my silver ‘67 which has the same problem yours does, 158k miles worth. I’d prefer a nice used one over new every time. Thickness is right, tint and factory look is right, etc..

I bought a used windshield from Murray Park for the green ‘67 I sold last year and it was very nice to look through. I will be buying another one from him for my silver ‘67 which has the same problem yours does, 158k miles worth. I’d prefer a nice used one over new every time. Thickness is right, tint and factory look is right, etc..
Appreciate the feedback. I am running a bit scared of the used windshields. it would be a drag to find out, after buying one and dealing w/ shipping etc., that it has the same scratchy bad nighttime visibility.. Of course depending on what I find elsewhere anything is an option.

Appreciate the feedback. I am running a bit scared of the used windshields. it would be a drag to find out, after buying one and dealing w/ shipping etc., that it has the same scratchy bad nighttime visibility.. Of course depending on what I find elsewhere anything is an option.
You explain that to Murray and he will be sure to send you one that you’d be happy with if he has it in stock.

Sedans (and Imp LeBarons) have a slightly higher roofline, and thus, taller windshields. Hardtop windshields seem to be available, but NOT for sedans...………

Hello,
Having a hard time tracking down a windshield for my 1968 Fury II C body 4-door sedan. Several places have looked and some are telling me not available. Auto City Classics told me they have an order coming but not 'til mid February.
Does anybody have a lead? I'd like to obtain one before the end of the month.
-I should mention we did find one on Ebay but seemed a tad pricey ~$500 w/ shipping. Maybe I need to adjust my expectations. I would have thought this windshield would be fairly easy to find...

If your desperate, there is a place in Phoenix that had a new one for my 65 Plymouth at a very reasonable price several years ago and who knows:

Accurate Auto Glass 602-759-7808

You explain that to Murray and he will be sure to send you one that you’d be happy with if he has it in stock.
I appreciate the recommendation. But, I think I'm going to stick to my guns and go new. Too much effort and time to end up with something less than new quality. Good to know the 60's vintage parts machine is working and guys are out there to provide us with what we need one way or another. I will check out Murray for future parts.

If your desperate, there is a place in Phoenix that had a new one for my 65 Plymouth at a very reasonable price several years ago and who knows:

Accurate Auto Glass 602-759-7808
thanks for the thought. I appreciate it. I have a lead on two outfits in SoCal who seem to be w/in a few bucks of each other for a new windshield.

Windshield ordered. I ended up going with glassfinders.com. they arranged for me to pick up in socal, no shipping. thanks for all the support and great leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back