No horn & Radio

brandvdub

Reaction score
I have a 66 Newport in my radio and also Horn is not working. Wanted to know if anyone had a wiring diagram or any information on how to troubleshoot it

First thing is to check the fuses. Should be under the dash, drivers side, left of the steering wheel.

Again, I'll suggest downloading a copy of the service manual. Service Manuals – MyMopar The manual, that you'll see abbreviated on the forum as "FSM" for factory service manual, has the wiring diagrams for your car. What I do is print out the page, highlight the circuit and use that to help find the fault.

There is an alternative wiring diagram that some like, but I find them often lacking some accessory circuits. Wiring and Electrical – MyMopar

First thing is to check the fuses. Should be under the dash, drivers side, left of the steering wheel.

Again, I'll suggest downloading a copy of the service manual. Service Manuals – MyMopar The manual, that you'll see abbreviated on the forum as "FSM" for factory service manual, has the wiring diagrams for your car. What I do is print out the page, highlight the circuit and use that to help find the fault.

There is an alternative wiring diagram that some like, but I find them often lacking some accessory circuits. Wiring and Electrical – MyMopar
Thank you

I have found the Chrysler wiring schematics in the FSM to be very good and useful. Might have to trace the lines from one page to the other, but they are very good.

The radio issue might be due to a failed speaker, or a fuse. The horn works off of a dedicated relay. TWO separate systems. Only common thing is that their circuits are hooked to the same battery.

CBODY67

Very common for 57 year old radios to not work anymore. Check fuses, check everything. And an AM radio must have a good antenna or it won't play. But the speaker should make a slight pop sound when turning it on.

Previous owners could have disconnected something.

Back