CB sterio radio hookup

dogface

Reaction score
I need the wiring diagram to hook this radio up right, (79-83) I have most of the wires figured out. Looked on line but nothing on the CB type. Thanks

image.jpg

Not sure if this will help or not, think it's a '77 or '78, but I have this sitting upstairs if you need better pictures. Post #4 has the instructions.

AM/CB Radio

Not sure if this will help or not, think it's a '77 or '78, but I have this sitting upstairs if you need better pictures. Post #4 has the instructions.

AM/CB Radio
Thanks, Can’t read the diagrams when I expand the page, gets blurry

I believe the guts of the CB option are in the radio itself, which means you'll need the appropriate CB-radio antenna for the car. USED to be that power AM/FM/CB antennas (with the mast having the "load" for the CB function in one of the telescoping segments) were available, OEM and aftermarket. Without that appropriate antenna, CB functions will be very compromised functionally.

Are you seeking to install the radio in a 1980-era vehicle or something else? Just curious as that can impact how the speakers are wired. As the factory rear speakers in my '80 Newport are "self-grounding" 1-wire speakers.

CBODY67

I am putting this in my 87 Ram, you need s CB antenna and this splitter setup

IMG_1387.jpg

I believe the guts of the CB option are in the radio itself, which means you'll need the appropriate CB-radio antenna for the car. USED to be that power AM/FM/CB antennas (with the mast having the "load" for the CB function in one of the telescoping segments) were available, OEM and aftermarket. Without that appropriate antenna, CB functions will be very compromised functionally.

Are you seeking to install the radio in a 1980-era vehicle or something else? Just curious as that can impact how the speakers are wired. As the factory rear speakers in my '80 Newport are "self-grounding" 1-wire speakers.

CBODY67
If ? to me, 88 Dodge pickup and yes I have the factory CB antenna. Haven’t found the mic holder yet in my junk.

If ? to me, 88 Dodge pickup and yes I have the factory CB antenna. Haven’t found the mic holder yet in my junk.
I found and bought a proper factory antenna a few years back, now I'm not sure if I'll ever use it!

I may have a spare mic holder if you can't find one, I have a few of these radios.

I found and bought a proper factory antenna a few years back, now I'm not sure if I'll ever use it!

I may have a spare mic holder if you can't find one, I have a few of these radios.
I’m not sure if any part of this works yet, once I get how to hook up I’ll do a bench test antenna and all. I’ll get a pic of the holder on mic

The mic holder and my other CB that going in the Lil Red truck

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back