No need for A/C today

340Dave

Reaction score
Cold snowy windy day in Nova Scotia today 60 mph winds, -30C (-22F) windchills
NS DOT snow plow life
33309FFA-560E-4ED8-A007-CF400EBCF625.jpeg
B11765FC-B6A2-4DF5-8B29-823CD8B78CEC.jpeg
2379D45B-CDE0-437E-BB1B-3560A03026D2.jpeg

I Just came off my 4th night delivering fuel in the Arctic weather we have had up north....was -25*C to -42*C depending on what night you chose, and then wind chill on top of that. Was a chilly few nights that's for sure. ;)

I do not know how you guys do it. Seriously. A tip from my Teamster Chauffeur's cap is off to you totally insane guys. View attachment 345691
Thanks for the kind words Stan.....this is me enjoying the twilight of my working life :), sold my "retirement truck and trailer" several years ago....do this now for 4 months on... 7 days a week... then 8 months off to recuperate...getting harder every year

I Just came off my 4th night delivering fuel in the Arctic weather we have had up north....was -25*C to -42*C depending on what night you chose, and then wind chill on top of that. Was a chilly few nights that's for sure. ;)
Pulled fuel trains for Harmac to the north in Ontario for a few years, winter was always good times :steering:

Be safe out there brother. I spent 6 winters in my Public Works Dept driving a salt / plow truck before transferring to the wastewater treatment plant. I don't miss it one bit. Hardly a word of thanks from residents or supervisors, not to mention the stress. I tip my Teamsters cap to all of you out there.

been years since lve seen a honest to gawd storm...lm jealous....watchin St Johns and wishin l was there ridein right now....got the bug...goin for a boot sun in the mountains will have to suffice....
IMG_0060.JPG

My brother worked for me county highway department for years. People would always ***** about clearing snow, slick spots, etc. The ungrateful whining members of the public should experience their jobs! Go out and plow snow, day and night. Take s few hours off to sleep on a cot at the highway shop, and go back out and try and plow while people crawl up your backside, have people with NO experience tell you how to do your job. As always, there is NO personal responsibility or accountability-it’s always someone else’s fault. I plowed snow on a smaller scale for years, and it seems everyone thinks you’re in their way, or once again, they crawl up your a$$.
So ..... just what the hell happened to global warming ?!?!?!?!

Last edited:
Zero chance of gators n snakes n creepy crawly thingys here today tho :rolleyes:

Not likely here either. Can't remember the last time I saw a threatening snake, and if you want to see a gater you have to go find one. Ya'll been listening to the bubble headed bleach blond news to much.

Western Canada gets to look at the bright side I guess. At -30C with -40C windchill, it doesn't snow much.
:lol:

Back