Not a C Body, but it is a Mopar. "87 Chrysler 5th Ave. Should I buy this?

A friend of mine is saying that this era of Chrysler is famous for its poor quality. He's an honest Mopar guy. Opinions?

I know after the rusty fender debacle in the late 70s these cars were well coated, of course the headliner falls, the steering wheel cracked early and the clear coat flakes off but that one looks well cared for.

I wouldn't mind seeing some additional pictures of the trunk, door jambs, rear seat and undercarriage but what those pictures show and the engine compartment that car is real clean !!!!! plus it seems like plenty of documentation to go along with it. ...:icon_thumright:

A lot of bang for the buck IMO.

A friend of mine is saying that this era of Chrysler is famous for its poor quality. He's an honest Mopar guy. Opinions?

Bull- I've had many M bodies over the years and they last well with simple maintenance. Think about it...it's a 318- you'd have to shoot it to kill it.

Think about this. There are parts on that car that will fit on a 79 R-body that will fit a 74 B/C Body that will....
Easy car to fix. I want it.

Posted via Topify on Android

Go look at this anyway! Sweet looking 5th! I've been looking at them here locally for a while. Go!

Glenn

I had an 87 5th back in the mid 90's. Other than bad paint it and going through multiple alternators it was a great car. I once got 27 mpg on a trip to Minneapolis with it. It did have a sort of mushy feel in the way it handled that I didn't care for.

I'd be all over that if it was closer. Those were awesome back in the day. They're easy to fix and parts are readily available and cheap. It looks like it's in great shape and its a great color combo. The price is perfect. Go get it I'd say!

I bought it. It hasn't been on the road since "08, but the family did start it every month. The records kept with this car are impeccable. The tires have good tread, but they also have flat spots after sitting for so long. The suspension needs some work. It pulls to the left a touch. Brakes are good. The motor runs really strong and smooth. No major leaks. AC works, but it's not super cold. My only fear is the front end suspension. All of the bushings look pretty well shot. Is that an expensive fix?

Stan's a master in spending other people's money. Congrats to both of you.

Good job not letting that one get away and saving me a trip to Nashville !!!! :eek:s_dancing2:

not to mention saving few
:icon_rendeer::icon_rendeer::icon_rendeer::icon_rendeer:............

Best of luck with it !!! is the inside as clean as the rest of the car ???? :eek:ccasion14:

Back