Not a fan of yellow but.....

jake

Reaction score
FB_IMG_1613098574825.jpg

I would never but I don’t hate it.:rolleyes:

Triple yellow was popular in luxury rides in the late 70s but, yikes. Not that yellow!

Picture is edited for sure.

My guess is it used to have white vinyl

It's in Europe, and I've seen some pretty wild paint jobs that they've applied to cars.

Yes in Austria, I'm sure the color saturation in that picture has been edited. Look how bright red the roofs are, doesn't look natural to me

gallery_60334_16_1431480114_16355.jpg

Here’s another one found on web. A little more palatable shade and matching top. Looks like Y2 Sunfire yellow. I don’t recall Chrysler ever offering a yellow vinyl top on an Imperial or N.Y.
upload_2021-2-12_17-30-27.jpeg

Here is a true Y2 Chrysler N.Y. and the tan top usually complimenting the yellow.

Yes in Austria, I'm sure the color saturation in that picture has been edited. Look how bright red the roofs are, doesn't look natural to me

Believe it or not that is actual roof color. Red Clay tiles are pretty common in Europe. So could be actual color of re-paint.

Believe it or not that is actual roof color. Red Clay tiles are pretty common in Europe. So could be actual color of re-paint.

Well I live here in Europe so I know how our roofs look like:D Those are old houses that's why the red should be faded a little that's why I mentioned it.

Look at the picture @rapidtrans posted. The yellow looks indeed brighter than it should but not as intense as it does in the original post.

Well I live here in Europe so I know how our roofs look like:D Those are old houses that's why the red should be faded a little that's why I mentioned it.

Look at the picture @rapidtrans posted. The yellow looks indeed brighter than it should but not as intense as it does in the original post.
Ok you see it every day.
My reference is around what I see in Czech, in which the area I travel in has a lot of new construction (as well as old) But it has almost a year since I have been there, and I don’t see red roofs every day at home, so is very vivid in my mind. Carry on.

I don’t recall Chrysler ever offering a yellow vinyl top on an Imperial or N.Y.
AFAIK, the closest to a yellow vinyl top is the V1Y gold top. Buttercup, my 1972 NYB 2dr, has a V1Y (note the "Y" for "yellow") top on her GY4 Honeydew (yellow) paint. Here is a photo from the CL ad taken a couple of weeks before I bought this car. The rear fender skirts are in the trunk.

00M0M_76msx9UeM5b_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

PS: a 1972 Newport Royal with the same GY4 paint / V1Y top was for sale in Quebec last year. Another one is currently for sale in Belgium.

Last edited:
Back