Not C-body Or Mopar Related BUT Paint Related; VHT Gloss Clear.....

Is VHT Gloss Clear Any Good?

• Yes It Is, Get It

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No It's Not, Don't Waste Your Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It Depends

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SportFury70

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I kind of went on a shopping spree at one of my local AutoZone's a couple days ago on Monday, and of course I left with more stuff than I went in for. I bought Mopar t-shirts and an American flag t-shirt that I really liked for only $10.00 each, a beer hat for a beer that I actually drink, and what I went in for which was more Meguiars 105 Compound and more VHT gloss white engine paint. While I was getting my engine paint I noticed this VHT gloss clear engine enamel stuff next to my engine paint on the shelve in my picture below, and was debating on getting it for when I eventually paint an engine on one of my tractor projects to make it a bit shinier OR maybe to re-repaint another engine on another one of my tractors. Has anyone used it?, is it any good?, or should I just stay away from it and not get it?

Any opinions, advice, and help is always much appreciated.

Thanks.

VHT.jpg

The clear gloss will ad an extra layer of protection to your newly painted parts. I went through a bunch of those cans when working on the rebuild was done on the 71 NYer a couple years ago.
Everything that I rattle canned, i.e. front suspension, torsion bars, as well as all painted engine parts, got a coat of clear gloss after the paint dried.
(I didn't spray the block, as it was painted with ceramic paint).
I also sprayed the ESPO springs, shackles with the VHT clear, and even the fire wall after it was painted with rattle can GY5 Crystal Dawn metallic to protect the finish, and because of the heat protection the product indicates.
Spraying everything with VHT was all done before driving to Carlisle and back to IL in 2020.
As you may know, I just got the same car back from the painter and recently wiped down all the paint dust that was all over the car from being at that shop for over a year, Everything including the under carriage and engine bay area, and can attest the clear coat is still holding up well after all this time.

When you guys are spray paint shopping you might try JBtools. For some reason they always are lower priced then most places including in store and especially amazon. With their shipping costs it only makes sense to get a few cans at a time. Plus they have good prices on epoxies, glues, JBWeld. The clear is not in stock right now but would be a good price.
Duplicolor SP145 VHT Flameproof Coating Paint Gloss Clear

I spray all my engines and and use the clear as well. Never any issues.

20201011_185148.jpg

20210530_143327.jpg

70RTSE3.jpg

100_1698.jpg

IMG_8666.jpg

IMG_8664.jpg

Back