SOLD Not Mine 1957 Plymouth Belvedere Sedan - $11,500 - Aurora, Colo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
Contact seller
Been sale for a while but new posting with a reduced price.

"Here is your chance to buy Christine's Cousin, of Steven King's, horror Movie. Christine was a red and white 2 door 1958 Plymouth Fury" - I mean the dude's more correct than he thinks, yes the one in the movie was a 2 door fury, but in the book, Christine was a four-door red fury, which actually didn't exist...

1957 Plymouth Belvedere Sedan - $11,500 - Aurora, Colorado

CL Description
Here is your chance to buy Christine's Cousin, of Steven King's, horror Movie. Christine was a red and white 2 door 1958 Plymouth Fury. This one is a Black and White, 4 door sedan. Only 3 of the original movie cars are known to exist. They used both 1957 and 1958 Belvederes, Savoys, and Furys in the movie. They spent more money on the cars for the movie budget than the actors themselves.

This is a Nebraska car that belongs to my father-in-law. It has been sitting inside in his barn for a very long time. We brought it here to Aurora to sell for him. The car runs great. The big 318 purrs like an evil twin to Christine. It has a new battery. He had the carburetor recently completely rebuilt with the proper rebuild kit. All gauges and lights work except for the dial clock. The cool thing about this car is it is a push-button automatic transmission. The outside of the car is the original black and white paint job that it came with. Paint is getting a little thin on the trunk lid and you can see the brown primer through the black paint. The interior has been redone. The headliner had a little damage but not sure what from. The black carpet is in great shape.

The odometer reads 38945. We have no idea if it is accurate. Based on the excellent condition of the car I am guessing it has not turned over yet. Nebraska Historical plates sell with the car.

The car was recently professionally detailed inside and outside, engine compartment, and truck. This car is a driver right now. You don't really need to spend any money on it unless you repaint it. Some people like to just put on a clear coat and keep the original paint.

I have over 125 pictures available going every inch of the car. I can email you more pictures if you like.

The car is stored inside my barn and can be seen and driven by appointment only. Please call or text Rex (303) 901-1864 to come to see it. If the ad is still posted the Car is for sale. If you are a CL scammer don't bother I know them all and have not fallen for one yet. CASH ONLY. IN-PERSON transaction only.

00n0n_kKlXkJzg0dL_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00b0b_hiI2o5JUT1e_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00000_33362twOvQ1_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00k0k_aflQZuFvkas_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00k0k_kxaRHZuUxRs_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00k0k_hvBQxaWb2Oy_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00808_fCgFCUfFtC7_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
01313_8m1WzhqCkSd_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00404_gqJYnyjzUcL_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
00y0y_gF03lQBSZke_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

[QUOTE="T-revorNobody,

"Here is your chance to buy Christine's Cousin, of Steven King's, horror Movie. Christine was a red and white 2 door 1958 Plymouth Fury" - I mean the dude's more correct than he thinks, yes the one in the movie was a 2 door fury, but in the book, Christine was a four-door red fury, which actually didn't exist...
QUOTE]

I don't think the book "Christine" was a 4 door. It was a 57 Fury. And the Movie car was a 58 Belvedere.
This 57 is a great looking original but the incorrect upholstery kills the value. That and the lack of under hood detail puts a more realistic market value around $6500./7500.00. IMHO

Last edited:
[QUOTE="T-revorNobody,
I don't think the book "Christine" was a 4 door. It was a 57 Fury. And the Movie car was a 58 Belvedere.
This 57 is a great looking original but the incorrect upholstery kills the value. That and the lack of under hood detail puts a more realistic market value around $6500./7500.00. IMHO

ah, I wish I knew where I left my copy of Christine but here are a few excerpts from online -

"In the book, Christine is a 1958, four-door, red Plymouth Fury that a high school dork named Arnie Cunningham purchases to George LeBay for $250 in 1978. It is a fancy car, with white brimmed tires, double headlights, and white trimmed rims, but it is also wrecked, and is in need of serious repair"

"As happens often when books are adapted into movies, on-screen “Christine” differs a bit from her paper-bound counterpart. First, the novel refers to Christine as a four-door vehicle. However, the 1957 Fury was only available in a two-door hardtop. Also, Christine was red and white in color. True Plymouth fans know the 1957 Fury only came in beige with gold trim.

The reason for all the errors was explained by King: the author wrote the middle part of the story first, and then he wrote the beginning and end a few years later. This sequence made it impossible to accommodate what was being released by the auto industry. Since the Fury name perfectly described the car, he chose the brand for the novel. Since the Fury name perfectly described the car, he chose the brand for the novel"

Last edited:
The book Christine made a lot of confusion when it comes to 57/58 Plymouths. He refers to the Hydramatic transmission in the book along with the door lock knobs. It is also a 4 door in the book. The movie added to that by using a Belvedere and calling it a Fury. The Belvedere that is up for sale does not look like a terrible deal to me. The body looks to be in rust free condition and the seller says it runs good.

Sometimes, screenplays get changed for better visuals and such, although not entirely accurate to the origiinal book. Obviously, a 2dr hardtop would be more desired by a younger male than a 4dr sedan? BTAIM

Eternally, 1957 and 1958 Plymouths will be linked to the movie and/or book. No matter what.

CBODY67

8E037879-3576-4687-810F-AA90A51A3759.jpeg
8F4FD27E-A3A6-4F07-B614-540A4549D430.jpeg
My favorite explanation by King as to why he chose the 57/“58”plymouth fury was because it was a forgotten car and was never celebrated like the popular 57 Chevy which in pop culture is the poster car of yester year Americana. And of course the “Fury” name says it all to describe Christine!
I personally think the 58 plymouth is the best looking car ever, course I’m biased to mine.

I've had mine since 1964. I liked it better before the book came out. Parts were a lot easier and cheaper to buy. Actually the 57 Fury is the nicest ( ha, ha ). Your Christine looks nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back