For Sale (Not mine) 1965 CHRYSLER 300 L 2 DOOR CONVERTIBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

theconvertibleguy

Reaction score
Contact seller
So saw this one while traveling around the interwebs. Looks quite straight and if your'e on the western half of the continent, it might be a decent pickup at 24k. Rocking a 413 under the hood. Here's the link

e23f1434-1bfe-414c-ae8a-a9a24d4b0fbf

Those 17's don't look horrible on there. Could have found an original or reproduction air cleaner, would look better than what's there. And rout those ignition cables better. Just me, I'm OCD on such things, especially on a premium car.

I love how it’s listed as a 2Dr convertible.. lol, like there was ever a 4dr. GEE Wizzzzz.

As a matter of fact there have been 4dr convertibles made in the past. Not many but there were some. I thought the same thing until I saw a video of one so I googled it and sure enough I found them. Nothing in this era though.

As a matter of fact there have been 4dr convertibles made in the past. Not many but there were some. I thought the same thing until I saw a video of one so I googled it and sure enough I found them. Nothing in this era though.
'65 Lincoln. Rear suicide doors.

65continental-1.jpg

At $24k USD, IMO it's overpriced, 300Ls don't seem to pull that much (yet).

And certainly not this one, with:
the wrong aircleaner (likely due to the newer Edelbrock carb) and horrible plug-wire routing (already mentioned)
terrible engine detailing - you can see someone did spot-touchups on the assembled engine and only painted where they could squirt it
front bumper is pushed back
passenger seat looks twisted (might be a simple fix)
carpet is incorrect and wrinkled on passenger side

And these things the seller noted:
Known issues: Minor oil, transmission and differential leaks from not driving the car. Transmission does not hold in Park when on a slope. Radio and clock do not work. Convertible top goes down nice and quietly but stalls part way up – may need more hydraulic fluid – not used much. Slight vibration at 100 km per hour – may need a wheel balance. Rear bumper may need to be aligned – just a bit down on the passenger side.

It does look like a decent car to do some relatively easy improvements on, but IMO it would be a bit of a stretch for $24k even after the improvements are done.

At $24k USD, IMO it's overpriced, 300Ls don't seem to pull that much (yet).
More like $26,400 USD, their math is off a bit.

I don't think they are far off on the price. If it really is a Florida car, that is.

That was the last American four door convertible. Beautiful cars!

This 300L appears to be the same colour as your "new bus". What are the odds?
I think that was a popular color.

The guy I got mine from has another one that color, a 4 speed car.

Ya most of the 4dr convertibles were back in the 30s and 40s.

As for price, cars up here, especially classics with original drivetrains are really high compared to the US for some reason

USD $26300.64. A little high, IMO, but a good start price for what appears to be a factory red/red car. Demerits for no A/C; but if I were to buy this beauty, I have a complete under-dash A/C system that came off a 383 Newport that incudes all of the brackets and such to install in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back