NOT MINE NOT MINE 1969 Chrysler 300 Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shazbot

Reaction score
VERY RARE CHRYSLER 300 CONVERTIBLE | Classic Cars | Lethbridge | Kijiji

"Helping a friend list this aweome car.my friend bought this car from a bud that passed away and his wife sold it to him.it has the very rare sought after 440 TNT MOTOR.Its one hell of a tough motor classed as one of the best motors ever made. with the highest rated h..p.for 440s.3 speed auto trans.alberta registered.a survivor of only 1993 made in 1969.heres a list of the positive things done:eek:riginal mint dash.new 15 inch tires.new spark plugs.wires.points and rotor.2 yr old battery.new heater core.new gas tank and sending unit and fuel lines.new heater core hoses and rad hoses.new 4 bar.carb.new left and right motor mounts.new oil pan gasket.new vavle cover gaskets.new master cylinder.4 new window regulator motors at 200 us each.windshield and glass exellent.low original miles at 105152.no overhaul runs great.4 nice 1969. 300 hib caps.paint intact with some nicks and fading.has had some minor autobody repair on drivers door/fender.good solid door hinges wirh little wear.no sagging and good fit up.rust free trunk no holes some surface rust.needs paint or undercoating.didnot find any rust holes anywhere.theres no rust on lower door hemming flanges.clean and 0 rust.etc.etc.now the bad :car could use paint but could be cleaned and driven as is.trunk needs repaint.broken exhaust valve on pass side lower exaust.door panels great but arm rests need re cover.needs a rug.could use a new trunk matt.wrong mid body door gaurd trim.needs only minor tlc.but could be driven.it was a hard decision for my friend to sell it.like many of us he finds no time to drive it and wants his garage empry again.it doesnor need a restoration.hes asking 16500.for an original unmolested driveable decent looking solid super fast mopar muscle machine.if u were to google this engine value it will make u shake your head.u will have a ton of fun in it and not 30 or 40 gs.u will see how it blows rhe doors off the smart asses at the lights.PLEASE DONT WASTE MY PRECIOUS TIME OR YOUR OWN.SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY.NO TRADES.CASH ONLY."

560 visits"

$_59.jpg

Another dreamer. To be fair, with the interior cleaned up and repaired and fresh paint, this would be a $13k to $16.5k or there abouts car. But not as it is now. Also not a whole lot of info on how long it was in storage. Seller also has made no effort to clean it up for sale. I will not be wasting his precious time.

Dave

Last edited:
Another dreamer. To be fair, with the interior cleaned up and repaired and fresh paint, this would be a $13k to $16.5k or there abouts car. But not as it is now. Also not a whole lot of info on how long it was in storage. Seller also has made no effort to clean it up for sale.

I respectfully disagree. CAD 16.5k = USD 12.5k. For a TNT 'vert, this could well be a bargain. I see little evidence of rust or dings. Yes, the front seats need redone, but the seat covers are reproduced. Of course, I don't know how the 105-miler engine runs. Drum brakes, an interesting choice for a HP car; at least there is a power booster...

IMHO, this car will soon off to Europe. No A/C, which is a plus for some convertible buyers and for most buyers there. Paging @Tobias74 as he is local to the car.

$_59.jpg

$_592.jpg

$_596.jpg

$_597.jpg

$_595.jpg

$_598.jpg

$_599.jpg

$_5910.jpg

$_594.jpg

Last edited:
Its a bit of high number for on a car that has sat for a while. The good is the TNT and it looks mostly original. It's a typical Canadian low option car with drum brakes and no A/C. The colour combo is sharp, plus the chrome, grille and trim look decent. The front fender is missing the antenna, so it was originally a radio delete car or there has been some body and paint work on it at some point.
It will need a top, interior work and a bit of mechanical labour to make it a nice cruiser. A good clean up on it as is with more detailed pictures would help the sale and maybe justify the price.

I respectfully disagree. CAD 16.5k = USD 12.5k. For a TNT 'vert, this could well be a bargain. I see little evidence of rust or dings. Yes, the front seats need redone, but the seat covers are reproduced. Of course, I don't know how the 105-miler engine runs. Drum brakes, an interesting choice for a HP car; at least there is a power booster...

IMHO, this car will soon off to Europe. No A/C, which is a plus for some convertible buyers and for most buyers there. Paging @Tobias74 as he is local to the car.

View attachment 399733

View attachment 399734

View attachment 399737

View attachment 399739

View attachment 399738

View attachment 399740

View attachment 399741

View attachment 399742

View attachment 399736
i don't tihink that the car will end up in Europe, the price is to high for the condition of the 300.

I don't think that the car will end up in Europe, the price is to high for the condition of the 300.

Have you seen the car in person? Pray tell.

Give the car a damn good cleanup* bumper to bumper, degrease the engine bay, wipe down the interior and post sharp, clear pictures and possibly somebody will then like it enough to go look at it with a serious intent of buying it. Price is way out of line as currently presented.

*:BangHead:

Last edited:
Reply to AYILAR,
We have managed to sneak a Few Gems out of the States while you Guys weren't paying Attention. LOL
This Gentleman had spent his Life collecting a Vast Store of "Old" Cars.
Sadly I don't think he lived long enough to enjoy them. (Passed away at 62)
He had Vehicles from the Teens to the 80s from what I know and I'm talking in Hundreds.
American, English & Australian of all types. (Packards, Chrysler, Ford, Chevy, Hudson Etc.)
(Not game to post any photos, in case of a Sudden Influx of Yankee Tourists. LOL)
Lesson: Drive what ya Got & Enjoy it.
Tony.M

Priced to high in present condition. But, still a 12K, (US), car with a cleanup and detail.
New seat covers, top and block & buff will put it near the 20K mark.

I think it's going to need some more items than what you've mentioned to approach 20k.
At that point, the 'obvious' issues we've already noted will no longer be of concern, and so we'll look deeper at it.
And I think we will discover new things that need corrected, which are currently not visible (esp due to pics that aren't up to that task).
As an example - the pass-side doorpanel has a tear in it.

It's probably a decent buy at 12k, though.

VERY RARE CHRYSLER 300 CONVERTIBLE | Classic Cars | Lethbridge | Kijiji

"Helping a friend list this aweome car.my friend bought this car from a bud that passed away and his wife sold it to him.it has the very rare sought after 440 TNT MOTOR.Its one hell of a tough motor classed as one of the best motors ever made. with the highest rated h..p.for 440s.3 speed auto trans.alberta registered.a survivor of only 1993 made in 1969.heres a list of the positive things done:eek:riginal mint dash.new 15 inch tires.new spark plugs.wires.points and rotor.2 yr old battery.new heater core.new gas tank and sending unit and fuel lines.new heater core hoses and rad hoses.new 4 bar.carb.new left and right motor mounts.new oil pan gasket.new vavle cover gaskets.new master cylinder.4 new window regulator motors at 200 us each.windshield and glass exellent.low original miles at 105152.no overhaul runs great.4 nice 1969. 300 hib caps.paint intact with some nicks and fading.has had some minor autobody repair on drivers door/fender.good solid door hinges wirh little wear.no sagging and good fit up.rust free trunk no holes some surface rust.needs paint or undercoating.didnot find any rust holes anywhere.theres no rust on lower door hemming flanges.clean and 0 rust.etc.etc.now the bad :car could use paint but could be cleaned and driven as is.trunk needs repaint.broken exhaust valve on pass side lower exaust.door panels great but arm rests need re cover.needs a rug.could use a new trunk matt.wrong mid body door gaurd trim.needs only minor tlc.but could be driven.it was a hard decision for my friend to sell it.like many of us he finds no time to drive it and wants his garage empry again.it doesnor need a restoration.hes asking 16500.for an original unmolested driveable decent looking solid super fast mopar muscle machine.if u were to google this engine value it will make u shake your head.u will have a ton of fun in it and not 30 or 40 gs.u will see how it blows rhe doors off the smart asses at the lights.PLEASE DONT WASTE MY PRECIOUS TIME OR YOUR OWN.SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY.NO TRADES.CASH ONLY."

560 visits"

View attachment 399732
What am I missing here? I don't see anything about this car that qualifies as "Rare". Being one of 1993 cars doesn't make it "Rare". The whole car is filthy, it needs all the usual things: paint, chrome, major interior work and tons and tons of cleaning. For that asking price, I think it's a pretty safe bet that no one is going to waste your "Precious" time.

I agree with all of that, except that a TNT, and in a 'vert, I would consider as rare.

What’s interesting is I think this is the only 440/375HP equipped C body for sale on the planet, except for the 1970 Hurst 300s of course.

Last edited:
What’s interesting is I think this is the only 440/375HP equipped C body for sale on the planet, except for the 1970 Hurst 300s of course.
I had a few 375hp ragtops nothing really special on this one

I sold both the 69-70 to Europe and for less then the guy in Lethbridge is asking, and believe me both cars where in nice shape and TNT
C233737E-43EC-442C-A601-5C70E77C3802.jpeg
A99FAD36-FDC9-4194-AB1B-619936C8F184.jpeg

Nice cars. I would like to find a non-Hurst hardtop 440/375 car from either the Chrysler, Plymouth, or Dodge line. I can’t even recall seeing one for sale anytime recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back