For Sale Not Mine : 66 Newport w/65K miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polara_500

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Over to a friends place today and he's ready to move some stuff. His Grandpa's car, a 66 Newport with 65K miles. $2500 and comes with a trunk full of miscellaneous extras. I thought I got some photos, but no real good ones, forgot under the hood and fender tag. (Hey, I wasn't looking to buy and it's not so far I can't go check closer if there's interest.) And it seems the mice got the spark plug wires on this one but it did run last fall. Located north of Grand Forks ND, pm me for his number if you want - he doesn't do the internet thing nor does he do cell phones, so you'll have to catch him in the house.
upload_2020-3-13_19-53-1.png

upload_2020-3-13_19-53-30.png

upload_2020-3-13_19-54-0.png

upload_2020-3-13_19-54-34.png

upload_2020-3-13_19-55-8.png

I can’t believe anyone would want to part this car out! It’s too nice! Someone please step up and this one as a whole! Wish I had a place to put it! What a Beaut!!

I just want to upgrade some of my interior trim, I'd have this one running again for someone to buy though.

I want a ton of parts off this one, PM sent
Let's start over, you may want to put a post up in the wanted forum for what you need/want. Chances are, someone knows where you can get what you need. Good Luck!

Nice car at a price that’s more than fair.

Turbine Bronze?? with that interior color makes a good combo.
Wont take much to get Grandpa back on the road...

Looks like this one has already been named, "Grandpa"....all it needs now is a new owner to clean it up, get it sorted out mechanically/electrically and start driving. :steering:

I’m glad to here this is not a parts car! Many of these lovely old cars have gone to the boneyard in the sky! And what with them being a finite resource it’s good to here this one will be saved! Best of luck with the clean up!

Are you specifically looking for saddle bronze coloured interior trim? As someone already suggested, start a thread in the parts wanted forum.

I specifically want knobs and other metal trim with no pitting or cracks. This car has some of the nicest I've ever seen, and I have family in the area. I would swap my parts in and rebuild the engine on the Newport, get it running and resell it as a runner instead of a project.

Nobody is willing to sell their pristine parts, in my experience, but I'm glad to make a post.

Does this run and drive??? With the Coronapocalypse upon us, this would make a great car to make a driver out of. Great color combo, too.

As regards to the coronageddon! With lack of toilet paper in the world I thought it was turdogeddon!! That being said! It seems to really freak people out when they see a c body driving around in these uncertain times! I enjoy it every day!

I love it. Of course most of the 66 year cars tend to be in the Midwest cause if this were closer I think I would buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back