For Sale Not Mine 69 T&C On Ebay In Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold for $7.050.

I'm thinking it went for a lot more, 10,000 ish. (...) Hell, I'd have given him 8.

With so much time left I figured it was going over 10 anyway. If it was mine I might have said 12 to end it now.

NO LONGER FOR SALE ON EBAY

$7050 seems too cheap to me.

Well, folks, the car is back on eBay. Starting price is, you guessed it, $7,050! 1969 Chrysler Town & Country | eBay

Says Local buyer flaked out. I called it about it being taken off for a local sale. I wonder with the virus if people are not able to get loans/access money?

I missed this one completely when it came around the first time. Just not in the market currently. I may have to see if I can check it out in person though.

a friend of mine msgd with the seller about it.
the seller is claiming that its got an E85 "special wagon only blue 375 hp" motor but not an orange TNT 375hp.
VIN code says its a K code 350 hp.......
i dont recall off hand what an E85 is ?

E85 = 350hp "regular" 440-4 engine. Your own '70 TNT is E86.

The dual exhaust, and the dual snorkel both ease up the breathing of the 440 engine. Both might be worth like 10 to 15 hp in the real world. But the engine is still a regular E85 with official 350 gross SAE hp, that is, somewhere btw 215 to 230 DIN/SAE net hp. So this ”special wagon only” engine might make about 235 to 245 SAE net hp.

Last edited:
Yes for something the seller said couldn't be driven home (I live two hours away and asked) I am blown away. The last two of the three bids jumped up 5,000, then the last bid was only 100 more. I mean at 20k that needs to be damn near a full blown restore. The carb, tank, AC and windshield (which is probably damn near impossible to get) need attention. There was a T&C near me, it was nice, just didn't hit all my buttons for 15k. It was nicer and less miles and was mechanically sound. Also I was never able to find this mythical local sale that fell thru, that caused it to be relisted on eBay.

lets see what happens

You were correct Carsten, it sold for quite a bit because these wagons are quite desirable in Europe at least based on some past sales I have noticed.

The only thing about this wagon is that it is equipped with Autotemp and it is only a matter of time before it gives out and won't work again............................if it even really works now.

Last edited:
If this sale holds, it is looking to me that I can cross a 69 wagon off my list. Way off of what I am willing to pay, and this trend seem to keep going up.

If this sale holds, it is looking to me that I can cross a 69 wagon off my list. Way off of what I am willing to pay, and this trend seem to keep going up.
Yep me too, I bounce back and forth between a 4 door sedan with a 440 and a wagon. If this holds I'm tapping out of the wagon market!

Yep me too, I bounce back and forth between a 4 door sedan with a 440 and a wagon. If this holds I'm tapping out of the wagon market!
I saw a Town & Country a few years back with a 1969 300 grill and fell in love. I have since bought everything I need including the motor for the Hideaway headlights but I have no wagon to go with it. I think I am going to have a really cool piece of wall art. :)

IMG_3577.JPG

I saw a Town & Country a few years back with a 1969 300 grill and fell in love. I have since bought everything I need including the motor for the Hideaway headlights but I have no wagon to go with it. I think I am going to have a really cool piece of wall art. :)

View attachment 374897

Just buy that one

.... The carb, tank, AC and windshield (which is probably damn near impossible to get) ...
Nice wagon. I have no idea where it went, but the third one of those issues is easypeasy: Kuttilan autolasi
near Turku, Finland (kuttilanautolasi.fi)
has those windshields in store, and when they run out of stock, they can make one. It’s a small family business, specializing in vintage automotive windshields.

One other thought is that the seller notes that the windshield has two small cracks at the base of the windshield. Mine wasn't cracked but was beginning to delaminate with cloudy spots around the lower edges. You will need a lot of luck to find a replacement windshield. I was successful in finding one but the price was $895 plus a large crate and shipping costs on top of that. It did get to me safely though. Also, C body wagon fuel tanks no longer exist NOS or aftermarket replacements so be prepared to repair the one that is in the wagon that he mentions has a lot of sludge in it.

I also have a 73 Dodge Crestwood wagon that needs a windshield replaced due to a pretty big crack but can't find one anywhere at any price. A tough issue with these wagons and some sedans.

Hi Steve,

as mentioned in the post above this one:
windshields for 4-door sedans and wagons are getting produced overhere in europe. Due to the amount of cars here and the need for an uncracked windshield for technical inspection it is a highly requested part. A friend of mine just bought one for his 69 Fury I 4-door sedan he is fully restoring.

Carsten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back