For Sale Not mine, 71 New Yorker

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a rerun, but no worries. It’s worth it. Nice car, and nice color. Too bad the vendor states: ”Buy it and use it as a daily driver, or use the heavy duty drivetrain for a muscle car project. Drivetrain alone is worth the asking price... $3500”

I was never a fan of the ’71 grille, or the interior - too much of the late seventies Broughamesque for my taste, but I could use those cornering lights. And the rear seat heater.

It’s a rerun, but no worries. It’s worth it. Nice car, and nice color. Too bad the vendor states: ”Buy it and use it as a daily driver, or use the heavy duty drivetrain for a muscle car project. Drivetrain alone is worth the asking price... $3500”

I was never a fan of the ’71 grille, or the interior - too much of the late seventies Broughamesque for my taste, but I could use those cornering lights. And the rear seat heater.

Gosh, I have never heard of anyone that didn't like the 71 grille nor the seats in those cars - hmm.

Why do you think it has a rear seat heater? Because of the switches to the right of the rest of the cluster? Haven't seen that option too often.

Last edited:
Steve,, a single switch most likely would mean rear defroster..
Double switches I am going to guess would mean rear heat and blower...
That is how it was on my '71 Imperial..
Heater box in trunk under package shelf with heater hoses and vacuum lines for door operation...
Steel heater lines from front of car to rear going into the heater box in trunk..
Pluus there are plastic ducts that go under the seat and exit on the floor facing the front of car...

Last edited:
Double switches at the right hand side of the intrument cluster = rear seat heater. Just as Xenon denotes.

Sometimes, back then, it seemed to me that the first model year of the body change was nice, but the 2nd year got a bit nicer, and the 3rd year seemed to be a bit ornate. The '75-'77 Cordobas were a good example. '75, simple pinstripes. '76 nicer pinstripes and tilt wheel option. '77 trying to out-do the earlier years, with possibly a bit too much effort? Each model year was a progression, but sometimes might have made one wish they'd bought one a year sooner than later?

Then, too, some of those Chryslers looked better in some color/model trims than others did. All nice cars, just that some had better images than others, to me.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back