NOT MINE NOT MINE An Original 15K mile 1971 Chrysler New Yorker Being Parted - A Damn Shame

aint seen a single episode, but I know the genre/theme of the show and can only imagine the criminality happening here in Cranston character's life.

the whole series is on my "retirement" binge watch to do list. :)
Where was Saul Goodman to save this car! Don't forget to watch Better Call Saul also.

aint seen a single episode, but I know the genre/theme of the show and can only imagine the criminality happening here in Cranston character's life.

the whole series is on my "retirement" binge watch to do list. :)
Yea, you need to watch it.... and then "Better Call Saul" and then "El Camino". Great TV.

Where was Saul Goodman to save this car! Don't forget to watch Better Call Saul also.
Better Call Saul Presents: Slippin' Jimmy

1688500060819.png

This one (the situation) is clarifying. I was gonna call own there (basically Houston, right?) and find out if this one has NOT been picked clean beyond powertrain. It's gotta at least have front two steer wheels - we'll get it outta there .
three calls, no answer.

Screenshot_20230705-211811.png

that, as they say, is that.

This 71 New Yorker has been advertised for almost a year now on Marketplace. I contacted him when it was first posted about the passenger door but his price was ridiculous (IMO). It's already missing the drivetrain, and there are probably other odds and ends missing off of it as well at this point. The pictures in the ad are probably not what it looks like today.

Ouch! - In Finland the customs officials are not interested in the Title. They are only interested in the bill of sale. One could have that one titled in a matter of hours, had it been shipped over here. I feel dizzy…

This is bullshit. A state may have a law that a car must be "scrapped" but NO state can say that a car can not be titled in another state, states do not have jurisdiction over other states. In Pennsylvania, you can take a car with a scrapped title and apply for a reconstructed title. It's always listed as a Reconstructed title in PA but who knows what happens in other states.

I know some states don't require a title for cars older than a certain year so if I get a reconstructed title in PA and subsequently sell the car in a state that doesn't require a title, only a bill of sale, the car could be titled in that state with no sign it had been ever salvaged in the past. Caveat Emptor.

This is a greedy salvage yard that doesn't give two shits about classic cars and is only looking at it that they can make more money from parts and scrap then selling the car whole, the reason the car is in the salvage yard is irrelevant. The salvage yard owner is just a sleezeball salesman who gets his rocks off by seeing who he can get to believe his lies.

Not sure about registering a car in another state if the car comes with a salvage title from the original state. But it sure could have been exported out of U.S. with a salvage title as a whole "parts bundle" and registered in a foreign country. It happens with newer cars (that are actually damaged) every day.

This is a greedy salvage yard that doesn't give two shits about classic cars and is only looking at it that they can make more money from parts and scrap then selling the car whole,

I think they call that being in business.

The salvage yard owner also told me he had an early Road Runner also like new with very low miles that met the same fate in his yard and he was frustrated there was nothing he could do but part it out.

I don't get it either because the circumstances just don't warrant that draconian kind of restriction.

Probably more than 40 years ago now, I pulled a 1971 Aztec Gold Chrysler 300 from a wrecking yard out here because the car had somehow driven over something that caught the rear axle and almost pulled the shock mounts off the car. By the time I saw it the engine had been plucked and the yard operator there said it was the best running 440 he had ever witnessed and "you could balance a dime on it and it wouldn't fall down" and he ended up selling the engine to Europe.

I ended up rescuing it because it too was an Aztec gold two door with a white vinyl roof and bucket seat interior and it looked great. It's only other options were a/c and cruise control. I was allowed to buy it and I got a salvage title and could put it back on the road once I had passed a vehicle safety inspection upon completion of the restoration. I still have it.

That makes sense to me - this situation is ludicrous for sure! End of rant.............................
Nothing he could do ??? Did he have the title ?? If not go to one of the states that don't require titles for cars over a certain age n get a bill of sale...I did it for my 70 coronet I got in colorado at a wrecking yard & brought it to hellinois...got the paperwork from BROADWAY TITLE company in alabama...no problem...

Nothing he could do ??? Did he have the title ?? If not go to one of the states that don't require titles for cars over a certain age n get a bill of sale...I did it for my 70 coronet I got in colorado at a wrecking yard & brought it to hellinois...got the paperwork from BROADWAY TITLE company in alabama...no problem...
1689086980591.jpeg

I actually went and saw this car in person today and purchased the passenger side door and the dash pad and frame assembly. It's still got a decent amount of goodies on it including the front and rear seats, entire front clip, glass, trunk lid, rear taillights, quarters looked mint, etc. It was definitely a really nice car when it went into yard but it was issued a "Dismantlers Permit" by the state and the VIN had been reported junk to NMVTIS.

Back