NOT MINE Not Mine Superior extra wide b300 van

junkoid

Reaction score
D9A0FA49-6712-4245-ADBD-C07EB775E2E9.png

Thats a rare machine, I read about those years ago some where. Needs a dually rear axle.
Make a cool Cannonball ride.

So Learn me!! Other than Extra room, what was the idea behind the widening? If the axle width matched the body, then it’d look more the part. IMO

Damn cool rig though. I’d drive it for sure.

In the late 70,s the requirements for ambulances equipment was changing. Every manufacture was attempting to address this in their own way. The 77 Cadillac commercial chassis was downsized and after 77 most were van or truck based my 75 was a model introduced by Miller Meteor to meet this new specification's. It was one of the largest car-based ambulances made and even has a walk thru from the front to back.

1974 Dodge Superior 61 Ambulance on widened Dodge 300 maxi van. Has been sitting, needs work. Powered by a dodge 360 V8, not running. Cool rig needs a good home. I have title with Planned Non Opp.

What is a planned non opp?

California's way of charging you for driving a unregistered car, or you register it as non-operating to not be charged when you go to register it again.

California's way of charging you for driving a unregistered car, or you register it as non-operating to not be charged when you go to register it again.
Not exacty,

It is actually keeping the registration active while it isn't being used like under restoration or in storage. It is a full year thing so no winter storage benefit, you pull it out mid year you have to pay the full year registration to put it on the road. Car must be kept of the public right of way, on private property.

Alan

Interesting. So you pay money for not having use of it so that when you have to go pay money to drive it you don't have to pay as much money to reregister.
Sounds kinda ridiculous. But in Cali, I'm sure if you want to keep your non op project this is a way to keep them on a property and not have the city/state tell you it has to go.

Interesting. So you pay money for not having use of it so that when you have to go pay money to drive it you don't have to pay as much money to reregister.
Sounds kinda ridiculous. But in Cali, I'm sure if you want to keep your non op project this is a way to keep them on a property and not have the city/state tell you it has to go.

$10 vs $180+

If you do nothing, no PNO, no registration, you then pay penalties for each of the years when you go to register it (unless you can prove it was out of state during that time), that will be more than the full registration.

Alan

I was trying to be nice.
It is not a concern for the rest of us. Put some insurance on it, put it in gear and hammer down eastbound till you get it out of there.

The problem happens when people have these old cars laying around and stop paying registration, years later go to sell it and all the back unpaid registration is stacked up with penalties. In the past cars would fall out of the system after about 10 years and you start with a clean slate, not so much anymore.

Alan

Gotta be the most money takingest state out there! That's just something else.

Gotta be the most money takingest state out there! That's just something else.

Actually, better than some states. Some make you have insurance and registration fees on a part's car or one in the shop say for restoration. This saves you the yearly registration and insurance fees. It is a one-time fee and is indefinite until you renew the registration, all the states get their money one way or another. Some states have property taxes on vehicles etc.

Actually, better than some states. Some make you have insurance and registration fees on a part's car or one in the shop say for restoration. This saves you the yearly registration and insurance fees. It is a one-time fee and is indefinite until you renew the registration, all the states get their money one way or another. Some states have property taxes on vehicles etc.
Glad Minnesota isn't one of those states. Easiest thing to do with any vehicle over 20 years old, is get a collector plate, $25 one time fee, and you never have to do any future paying to the state. Have to have one regular plated vehicle, and you are good to go.

Glad Minnesota isn't one of those states. Easiest thing to do with any vehicle over 20 years old, is get a collector plate, $25 one time fee, and you never have to do any future paying to the state. Have to have one regular plated vehicle, and you are good to go.

You can do the same here ,29 bucks. I have a few registered that way.

Is that a one time fee? That's the way to go. I live in the country, but have never had issues with the mileage or daily driving use I do.

In Colorado, our renewal rate is a max of 120 IIRC. No matter how much time has elapsed. Most cars of any kind are between 70 and 110 a year.

Back