For Sale Odd 66 Newport of cl

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrewboy

Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm not saying this car is worth $4500, but seems a bit of an odd duck. It's currently sporting a 318 with a 3 on the tree. The 318 is presumably a later transplant, but guessing the 3 speed manual set up is original. Don't know why anyone would track down the parts to convert an automatic to a three speed on the column instead of going all the way to a four speed.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4643622312.html

Interesting paint. Almost looks like it was sanded down to bare metal and then clear coated.

00U0U_aBY79JEl1NY_600x450.jpg

00l0l_7cstM77thXG_600x450.jpg

Interesting paint. Almost looks like it was sanded down to bare metal and then clear coated.
That was my thought as well - going for the heavy patina look. I've seen the clear coat over patina done on some rat rods. Also looks like they pulled the inner headlight out on both sides. I shouldn't admit this, but with the non-paint and black painted steel wheels with center caps, I like the finished look. It's definitely not on the restored side of the street, but a swap from small block to a healthy big block and this could be a fun project.

I can understand how a 318 ended up there when the BB crapped the bed.
Plenty of those laying around with a SB bell housing.
Probably a cheap, simple, efficient swap in his case. Beater DD. Who knows.
I also like where he's going, visually. Different but OK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back