OEM intake manifold?

I have a Edelbrock Performer manifold and carb on mine. Very simplistic and plug and play. As far as the valley pan.....just replace it with the FelPro replacement. I don't use the gaskets. That insulation is said to be used as a method of warming up the manifold and carb faster and/or used as a sound deadener. To me both a moot point since most of us don't drive our cars in the snow or cold weather. I don't use the insulation at all. Something else you might look at is replacing the the timing chain and gears. Chrysler used nylon timing gears to quiet the motor down. The problem is after all these years you probably have a tooth or two or more missing by now and can even jump timing. So I would replace it with a steel gear and chain.

Whatever gaskets AutoZone /RockAuto/Summit/etc. sells you. You will never notice the difference how it runs unblocked or blocked.
Don'y make your choice of gaskets based on that. Base it on quality.

Whatever gaskets AutoZone /RockAuto/Summit/etc. sells you. You will never notice the difference how it runs unblocked or blocked.
Don'y make your choice of gaskets based on that. Base it on quality.
I guess I will get the standard Felpro set and not block them off.Cloyes lists 2 different Tru-Roller timing sets...1 bolt and 3 bolt.Can I tell which one I need without opening up the front of the motor?

Last edited:
1 bolt, I would block heat crossover keep as.much heat out as possible today's gasoline does not have the vapor resistance of years gone by don't need it with fuel injection keeping manifold cold will help on quick restarts at the beer store so you can hurry home to drink it.

I always relate everything down to beer like a lowest common denominator, if I save 5 bucks that is a 1/4 case of beer etc. keeps things simple.

I always relate everything down to beer like a lowest common denominator, if I save 5 bucks that is a 1/4 case of beer etc. keeps things simple.
My monetary system is based on Grey Goose vodka and ice, but I get your point!:eek:ccasion14:

1 bolt, I would block heat crossover keep as.much heat out as possible today's gasoline does not have the vapor resistance of years gone by don't need it with fuel injection keeping manifold cold will help on quick restarts at the beer store so you can hurry home to drink it.

Concur I block them off. Also will help keep the paint uniform on the intake..

Out of the box.......didn't even have to adjust the idle.........2 years later still haven't made an adjustment on it.

DSC01177.jpgDSC01347.jpgDSC01348.jpg

DSC01177.jpg

DSC01347.jpg

DSC01348.jpg

that sticker on the upper radiator hose is killing me Bob.....please remove it before your next post

Back