Oil pan for a 440 in a '70 Fury?

thatguywill

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered before, vBulletin didn't like my search term of "oil pan". Ha! The internet isn't as smart as it thinks!

Anyways, I work at a machine shop and am building a stroker 440RB for a customer to go into his 1970 Fury (NOT Furry!).

He currently has a 440 in it with a Milodon oil pan. It's an 8 quart pan with the kick-outs on the side, which apparently affects the steering radius. Does anybody make an aftermarket pan, with lots of capacity, that doesn't stick out (either sides or down) too much? He's hoping to get away with a somewhat shallow pan so it doesn't stick down too far underneath the crossmember.

As it is, I suspect he's either going to need a custom aluminum pan (which I don't want to use) or modify an existing steel pan, which would drop the capacity, if only slightly.

Anybody dealt with this before? I'd be surprised if it's a virgin topic.

Solution

http://www.cfrperformance.com/CHRYSLER_MOPAR_361_383_400_440_HEMI_426_OIL_PAN_p/hz-7117-z.htm

20sxbo5.jpg

Last edited:
I missed it before the edit :(

Thanks for the link! I'll show it to the customer and see how he likes it.

Just be prepared to take very wide turns to the right so you don't smash your new pan with the idler arm...

1001120.jpg

1001120.jpg

Hey that would work if someone's pet monkey climbed on your car too.... :laughing7:

Yes... I hate monkeys.
:laughing4:

That's some funny ****. I had a buddy's goat that used to jump on the hood of my car. Unfuckinbelievable....

OK, Goats can be #2 on my list.

I was helping a friend/co-worker to pick up a '72 Monte Carlo and we had to drive past a goat that was tied up on a chain and the damn thing kept jumping on the car trailer as we were trying to get by.

I know this is a bit older has anybody tried that oil pan? I was thinking of using it for my 72? any idea of it'd fit or not or how well the clearancing on the pan has worked? any responses would be appreciated... Thanks!

Back