OK, bring it on...

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I bought a Corvette. Yes, you read that right. A buddy has a used car lot in south OKC. Known him for 22 years and have bought four trucks and two cars from him over that time. When I'm in that part of town, I'll go by and hang out and just BS. So, I was there a couple of weeks ago, intending to just chat and hang out for a bit. On the front line is a beautiful black '95 LT1 coupe with grey leather! I had to drive it, so he gave me the keys and I went for a 15-minute ride. Yum! I've always been a Mopar/Hudson/Pontiac guy, but have owned many other cars since 1972 or so. And I've always wanted a Corvette! Nice thing about C4 cars is that they are quite affordable, unlike C1, C2, and the C6 and C7 cars! Even nice used ZR-1 cars can be had for less than $10K.

I was in my '02 F250 SD truck, which I had bought from him last May. I said "let's trade!" He didn't say "no", because the Ford is a terrific truck. I had four trucks, counting the F250, so I didn't need the Effie...Besides, 12 mpg average gets pretty damn old! We made a trade deal on the Corvette with minimal money on my part, and I'm driving it! We still have my wife's Dakota, my '68 D100, and my son's '99 Chevy 2500 HD. It's not like I'm truck-starved...but if a Swepty Crew Cab in the right deal came along, I'll get one!

What's cool is that the car is 100% stock and unaltered. No previous owner "improvements"! Black, grey leather, Bose stereo, and all the options a LT1 coupe would come with. Everything works but the horn.

So, flame away! I'm diggin' my "midlife crisis mobile" as my wife calls it (she loves the car!). Still slavishly devoted to my Imperial, Coronet, and Hudson...but they're not daily cars at all! The 'Vette is.

Congrats man!! No flaming from me. If you always wanted one that is great. Life is short!!
I do have one thing to say to you because it bugs me. Why no pics of your new ride? I want pics and the specs cause I can't keep up with the LS1 ,ZRI, LSD,LED,C1,C2,C3,,from those guys .
Congrats!!! :thumbsup::usflag:

20180228_171100.jpg

One thing really cool about this car is that in 1995, the BIG ZR-1 disc brakes were standard across the board on Corvette. It stops quicker than anything I've ever owned!

Thanks for the pic!! Nice car for sure.

Neat car! Glad it found you! LT1 is a neat engine, too. One of the BEST things is that the hood flips open from the front and underhood accessibility is unmatched!

The security system has enough parasitic drain to drain the battery if the car is not driven for 30 consequtive days. You can put a motorcycle battery behind the front seat, in one of the storage compartments for such, so the alarm works when you unhook the normal battery.

Nice cars AND affordable performance!

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Enjoy your new/used car... sounds like you found a clean one at a fair price... you still love the Imperial... and heck, I have a chevy beater dd too... :lol:

Good for you! We all have our vices. (Just look at the list of my cars)
Congratulations and Enjoy!

Congratulations!

:thumbsup: but...

Ya missed out on a free vette as this guy gave away his C5 on YouBoob.

Just think, you can start up your own YouBoob Channel! Sort of fill the gap that he left!

:rofl:

Nice car, enjoy. One day when I go back to Albuquerque, NM. we will have to meet up, and you can give me a ride in it.

Good thing you bought it unmolested because our resto tips on Vette's is limited.
That's all I've got, I have almost bought a couple of Corvettes, I just waited too long and lost interest ( they were not prime examples).

Love the car. :thumbsup:

Advice you would be wise to hear loud and clear: DO NOT get involved with the Corvette crowd in any way, form, or manner.

Enjoy the car, not it's culture.

You got what you wanted, good for you! I've had a few fun rides in Vettes before, an 86 took me to 132 mph, fastest recorded speed I've been a part of. Wish I could have rode in this.

IMG_20170617_184601.jpg

60th anniversary edition with a 427. It fit like a glove, best siting position I've experienced, everything was right there.

A vette?!?!?!? :mad::mob::soapbox::mad::mob::soapbox:

Just kidding. lol

If I had the room, I would own a vette for a summer or two. Congrats!

Funny thing is at work, there are several Corvette owners that daily there cars. Today, all but a couple were parked together at the end of the lot. A bunch of Mustangs were a row over, and several Challengers parked together a little further back! It was funny to see that, but cool. We even have a married couple DiNKs that drive a Lambo Aventador to work!

I know a few Corvette junkies, and only one has the typical mentality you run into with a Corvette owner.

Funny thing is at work, there are several Corvette owners that daily there cars. Today, all but a couple were parked together at the end of the lot. A bunch of Mustangs were a row over, and several Challengers parked together a little further back! It was funny to see that, but cool. We even have a married couple DiNKs that drive a Lambo Aventador to work!

I know a few Corvette junkies, and only one has the typical mentality you run into with a Corvette owner.
Where do you work, with a parking lot like that?

Congrats on the car. My Father-in-law and a good friend both have vettes. Both very nice examples and I do like them but unfortunately my body can't get in and out very well. My Father-in-law plans on selling his because of this as well.

Enjoy while you can.

I really liked the one I had and there are times where I really miss it. It's hard to beat a C4 for "bang for the buck".

Stan is right about a lot of Corvette owners, but there are some that are nice guys. I don't care what he thinks about the "wave", I always thought it was a fun part of owning a Corvette.

Corvette2smudge.jpg

Congratulations on the Vette. Fun cars, and yes don't take the other Corvette guys too serious. I have a 67 427 & I used to have a 89 Z51 6speed.

Back