OK you truckers...

Bet all the truckers are waiting anxiously for this to get on the market.
2308654-18.jpg

That is at a T intesection.
Pedro was lost and was on a small residential street when he came to the end.
He tried to make a left turn but the trailer tandems got hung up on the embankment.
He panicked, got the drive axles into the ditch and got all balled up into the situation you see above.
Again...
Can NOT tell you how many times I saw this, and worse, on a regular basis.

If I knew it wouldn't kill my marriage I'd get my CDL so I could have just for bobtailing a cabover. I grew up around truckers in Kentucky as a kid. Chose a different career...But, love old Petes and Freightliners the most.
oldskool.jpg
petegreen.jpg
petegreen1.jpg

As long as you do not have a trailer (more than 10,000 lbs) you can drive these with a Class-B

Alan
I hit a roadblock with the DMV in Minnesota trying that approach...Minnesota is a stickler on this....would have thought California would be worse with their regulations.

I got pulled over on time in New Mexico just south of Raton Pass on I-25. FWI, For those who haven't been on that stretch of interstate it's 50+ milez or so of 2 milez up and 2 milez down of pretty darn straight 4 lane interstate and nothin' but pucker brush. Cop crested the top of one az I waz comin' down one buildin' steam fer the next one. He thru' up ah couple 100 yard cloud of dust comin' thru' the comedian to do the 180* and come back 'n bite me. He climbed up on the passenger side and said son, how long you been drivin' out here. I looked back at him and said longer then you've been on the planet old man how 'bout you. after he handed me my fast driving award he said for the record I've been out here 4 yearz. I started laughing and said hell kid I've logged more hourz backin' up then you have goin' forward and then added, DO YOU HAVE A CLUE WHAT I WAS DOIN' AND WHY WHEN YOU CRESTED THAT HUMP AND TOOK MY PICTURE 2 MILES IN FRONT OF WHERE WE ARE RITE NOW. He said you were doin' over 75 that's all I know. and then I said well follow me up this side at 25 to 30 and bite me again fer goin' too slow on an interstate and 2/3rds way down the other side you can bite my *** again and we'll see how many times we can accomplish this travesty between here and Santa Fe. He just tipped hiz hat to me said have a nice day, got back in hiz cruiser and u-turned thru' the middle again and sped off toward Colorado. I think that one waz $60 but the monster computer in ST Louis didn't follow you thru' all 50 statez in the '70s. but these were 55MPH dayz. my .02, Jer

A pretty good set of videos on being an owner operator from this guy, if you have the time.

I hit a roadblock with the DMV in Minnesota trying that approach...Minnesota is a stickler on this....would have thought California would be worse with their regulations.
It is my understanding that the perimeters of the CDL are the same in all states and have been since the mid 80's.
The only thing a Class-B say is you can drive a vehicle in excess of 26000 lbs, that is it. (ok 3 axles or more regardless of size require a Class B, and buses)
The only thing a Class-A say is you can tow over 10000 lbs, that is it. No tow, no need for a Class A

Class-B carries the same towing restrictions as a Class-C, 10000 lbs (careful on this one, GCVW can come into play in either class)
All this not withstanding the different endorsements.

Alan

It is my understanding that the perimeters of the CDL are the same in all states and have been since the mid 80's.
The only thing a Class-B say is you can drive a vehicle in excess of 26000 lbs, that is it. (ok 3 axles or more regardless of size require a Class B, and buses)
The only thing a Class-A say is you can tow over 10000 lbs, that is it. No tow, no need for a Class A

Class-B carries the same towing restrictions as a Class-C, 10000 lbs (careful on this one, GCVW can come into play in either class)

Alan
Thanks Alan...I will have to check the CDL manual I bought...there was something about the GCVW, air brakes and me getting insurance without a CDL that forced me to put it on the shelf for now...plus my wife said she'd kill me if I pursued a cabover.

Alan
Thanks Alan...I will have to check the CDL manual I bought...there was something about the GCVW, air brakes and me getting insurance without a CDL that forced me to put it on the shelf for now...plus my wife said she'd kill me if I pursued a cabover.
Duct tape an old camper on the back and make it an RV... then you can drive it most places on a car license...:rolleyes:

Back