OK you truckers...

So it's the equivalent of placing one small ad in several newspapers, I don't see any money?
I was just talking about the how to get a truck with no money.
To make that $7000 a week, gross that before they take their cut and fuel, and health insurance, you will have to run at least 3500 mi times 50 weeks. That's 175,000 mi per year, that is waaaay to much work. I run about 70-80,000 a year and that's enough. I'm also home almost every night

It's almost impossible to run the miles necessary to meet these recruiters claims of such high earnings.
The miles are only theoretically possible. In all my career, I never met any solo driver who could maintain that pace without dropping dead or going postal.

I've learned being home every night is the way to go. I'm 20 years too late to start driving a big rig, plus I drive like an a**hole, I've been told. Too fast, stop too quick, yadda yadda. What can I say, I learned to drive as a parts runner!

That made every orifice on my body pucker.
Stan, I know about the puckering of orifices too.
In the fall of '61 I saw ah day cab pulling ah flat bed with a full load of 20'X1" Re-bar go up and over the new 3rd lane addition to the Wayne rd. over Pass east bound just west of the Detroit Metro Airport and come to a complete stop rite on the top of the new pillers for that 3rd lane addition. The news that nite said that they had to remover 12 of those 20' Pieces of Re-bar that went thru' the headache rack on the wagon and the bulkhead of the cab and then over the top of the engine before they could remove that poor sole from the cab. That waz the 1st of 2 times I've seen I-94 closed in that area. The other time I think waz in the winter of '82 when a 737 lost air speed trying to take off and dove under the east bound the Middlebelt rd. Underpass. My gore for the day, Sorry Ya'll. 'Tiz what 'tiz and yeah can't forget or un-see thingz like that, Jer

No the one I'm driving now is a '85 my one previous was a '94. I still have it just no engine in it. Maybe someday I'll put it back together.
Didn't realize it was that old. It must ride like a, ummmm.... well, like a truck. Leaf spring suspension? Solid mount cab? Tired Bostrom?

Didn't realize it was that old. It must ride like a, ummmm.... well, like a truck. Leaf spring suspension? Solid mount cab? Tired Bostrom?
Pete air leaf (old style with steel hangers) cab was solid mount, but bunk and cab are tied together for a unibuilt kind of setup. Air seat is deflated on the floor, after all it's a Peterbilt.
Front springs suck. 4 leaf stack. New rear hangers will hopefully help.
I have to put the rear u joint in this weekend, I guess all the shaking on the front half wiped one of the cups on the rear.

Pete air leaf (old style with steel hangers) cab was solid mount, but bunk and cab are tied together for a unibuilt kind of setup. Air seat is deflated on the floor, after all it's a Peterbilt.
Front springs suck. 4 leaf stack. New rear hangers will hopefully help.
I have to put the rear u joint in this weekend, I guess all the shaking on the front half wiped one of the cups on the rear.
Just reading that, I had to go grab some Ibuprofen. Plus my PTSD kicked in...

Hopefully the front will smooth a bit when the bushings are round and take grease. The homemade cab/sleeper air ride is ok, should do better when I shrink the bunk down to 48". The bonus will be the looks will improve greatly.

Back