OK you truckers...

7661.jpeg

That reminds me of the safety director at Servall when I leased on in 1987.

Being somewhat new at open deck work, I was concerned about how much securement was enough for a given load.
He told me to use enough gear until I was confident that the load would stay on the trailer if I turned it upside down and shook it.

That looks like it passed the Bill Boyda test with flying colours!

Kevin

That reminds me of the safety director at Servall when I leased on in 1987.

Being somewhat new at open deck work, I was concerned about how much securement was enough for a given load.
He told me to use enough gear until I was confident that the load would stay on the trailer if I turned it upside down and shook it.

That looks like it passed the Bill Boyda test with flying colours!

Kevin
Company I was with had a driver coming out of Gary IN.. He was on one of those now weight limited roads in town with the ramps, going around the turn something broke in right front suspension (with the craters on all those roads it nowonder) truck turned over with a 47,000+ single coil and it stayed chained to trailer. They ended up torching the chains to get them loose, binders on side toward the road.

Dude does not even care. Drives over crap on road and gone.
Crash truck lays it over then stands it back up after load is off parked on the shoulder.
I would tell the cop "I don't know what happened I was parked here and the load just jumped off onto the road."

oncoming driver was flashing high beams, crashed driver was probably on the phone. California driver doesn't even check to see if everyone ok.

Back