'Ol Bess's Exhaust Manifold Adventure

Man, and I knock on wood as I'm typing, I had to drop the Y pipe on my 67 as I'm pulling the oil pan and forgot to soak the bolts. For some glorious reason, a 15 minute soak did the trick. I wouldn't dare guess that I'd have the same luck with the manifold studs!
It was then that I realized that at some point in the last 13 years, I lent my suspension tools to a gent that lives in Washington state. Mission aborted until a 'save me' set can be afforded.
Stoked for your success, man! Love it when a plan comes together!
Oh, man. I still can't claim total success-yet. Hope to post about a very quiet Imp today or tomorrow!

Go get some stainless steel nuts at Lowe's or Home Depot. When I did this job on my '69 NY, I replaced everything with stainless. This was years ago and they still glimmer when I pop the hood.

AutoZone commonly has brass nuts, if you want to go that route.

Success. Got her back together. Quiet again. New mystery. What do you guys make of these certicards? My ride is a '66, but the certicard says "413" for the motor. Were early '66s equipped with the 413?

IMG_20170515_115448227.jpg

Glad to hear of your success.

I think the lower certicard has a typo. There may have been an early 1966 Imp with a 426 wedge, but the 413 was discontinued in 1964, so it doesn't make sense that Bess was assembled with one.

As far as I know, ALL Imperials for 66 got 440s.

Typos on certicards and data plates were not uncommon...

Success. Got her back together. Quiet again. New mystery. What do you guys make of these certicards? My ride is a '66, but the certicard says "413" for the motor. Were early '66s equipped with the 413?
Great news man! Remember to re torque them nutz!

Glad to hear of your success.

I think the lower certicard has a typo. There may have been an early 1966 Imp with a 426 wedge, but the 413 was discontinued in 1964, so it doesn't make sense that Bess was assembled with one.

As far as I know, ALL Imperials for 66 got 440s.

Typos on certicards and data plates were not uncommon...
Ok, I thought '65s were 413...Looked on the little block between the distributor and intake but couldn't make anything out.

Back