On our way to pick up The V Code and S23

Looks like it was C Body day today in Montana, I was in Montana also today and delivered my 73 Imperial to his new owner

I don't see any positive responses on that deal from those bashing you for selling cars to Europe... Maybe these people enjoy the hating more than talking kindly about others

Thanks for posting that article again. I am really glad that one will be restored. I have often wondered if I were buying a SFGT brand new in 1970, how would I have ordered it? When I look at this yellow V code GT, it is about as close to what I would have ordered as any other GT I have ever seen. Even without a/c since it wasn't available on the V code! Just love it. Glad Dan held out for the right buyer regardless of how long it took. It would have looked great when done sitting right next to my V code Cuda, which was optioned very much like that one. If I were 10 years younger, I would have pulled the trigger 10 years ago.

View attachment 212199 View attachment 212200 View attachment 212201

It was available 10 years ago ..

"I don't see any positive responses on that deal from those bashing you for selling cars to Europe... Maybe these people enjoy the hating more than talking kindly about others"

There is 7 likes , WTF more should we do ?

I don't see any positive responses on that deal from those bashing you for selling cars to Europe... Maybe these people enjoy the hating more than talking kindly about others
Don't sweat it, the comments are really not aimed at Europe, they are frustrated car lovers who are upset when a car they can't own leaves the country. They can't own them for a variety of reasons, not enough spare cash, no place to work on it, wife lays down the law, etc.. Personally I don't care who owns the cars or where they live as long as they give each car lots of TLC!
:canada::thumbsup::thumbsup::canada:

Not sure what you mean. Is there a dispute? Just one guy’s opinion. Whatever is pictured there has nothing to do with likes. Or do I completely misunderstand?

My apologies, I quoted the wrong post. Thank you for pointing that out ....

Don't sweat it, the comments are really not aimed at Europe, they are frustrated car lovers who are upset when a car they can't own leaves the country. They can't own them for a variety of reasons, not enough spare cash, no place to work on it, wife lays down the law

Clearly your ignorance is showing through and you mock what you do not understand .....

:usflag::usflag::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag: :confederateflag:

Lol I hate that shite! Love tech but a slight hand tremor and you’re completely misunderstood! Apology graciously accepted, Sir!

It was available 10 years ago ..

The last line in my comment you are referencing acknowledged your comment.

Even at age 61 10 years ago, I realized that I already had too many cars to restore (a couple lifetimes worth) and that this GT was not practical to me even then. It just needed too much rust repair. The excess of cars and the reality of age is the reason that I started selling off many of my cars back then that ended up overseas - scores of them really. I just wanted to save them and I did.

Although you don't agree, I most of all want the cars I have saved from destruction over the years to be restored to their original condition, and capability to do that was and remains my most important selling factor. Not whether I sell it in the U.S. or wherever else they lived. I will not sell to a buyer that I sense will not have the funds or desire to do a proper restoration or to modify it considerably. It does no one any good for a nice one of our cars to rot in someone's back yard in the U.S. or elsewhere because of all the reasons they will find to never do it. I would rather sell to someone with the funds and the right motives overseas than someone in the U.S. that can't meet my objectives.

But I have and still sell to folks in the U.S. too, such as my black 73 Monaco wagon recently, because the guy met all my criteria. And I even sold it for a lot less than I could have gotten overseas too because I was convinced of his motives and capability and because he lives close to where I live and I can see it from time to time. Most of the cars I have sold have been due to word of mouth and inquiries as to what I have available, not due to any advertising on my part either. Because I do not misrepresent my cars or screw anyone, I have a good reputation overseas, and that is why so many inquire as to what I have had available. That skews the sales to over there too.

Makes me wonder if the car's engine was built with a little looser tolerances so that when tested by magazines etc, it would have a bit more "pep".
I read a article once about a A12 test mule given to 2 mag guy's for a weekend of testing. It was parked at their motel overnight and in the morning the carbs were missing. Chrysler flew out 3 engineers with carbs in their suitcases, they mounted them, tuned them and got it to the dragstrip. In this case I think this car probably ran better than the production ones because it had more personal attention paid to it. Who knows if the engine was even built the same as the production cars, cam, heads, etc...

I read a article once about a A12 test mule given to 2 mag guy's for a weekend of testing. It was parked at their motel overnight and in the morning the carbs were missing. Chrysler flew out 3 engineers with carbs in their suitcases, they mounted them, tuned them and got it to the dragstrip. In this case I think this car probably ran better than the production ones because it had more personal attention paid to it. Who knows if the engine was even built the same as the production cars, cam, heads, etc...
that may have been joe oldham.

That doesn't make sense Bill, you are disappointing me. Since you have no argument you resort to " I know you are but what am I " tactics .

The issue at hand here is one of experience vs. perception, where reality is a lesson hard learned by multiple efforts to sell to various groups. For those of us with considerable experience in selling, the grim reality is that selling to folks in the U.S. is a real pain. Its that simple and usually very frustrating. Try it some time and you will understand. No one will make a living or even earn a net profit doing what I have been doing for the last decade trying to find good homes for these vehicles that I have saved over the last few decades. Folks in the U.S. are not able to buy the nicer vehicles, at least the ones that want the cars we cherish. They are mostly dreamers and in the end, have multiple excuses for why they won't or can't follow through with a sale and take a lot of time to deal with. Most just want to collect pictures and dream "if only this could be mine". Folks in Europe, Australia and elsewhere around the globe are just the opposite. Its that simple. Its a matter of how much time you want to waste.

I know I spend probably at least two months on each car I sell getting them in a condition that the buyer would accept when asking a sum for the car that only recovers my costs, with virtually no profit. I want my buyers to be satisfied because I want them to cherish their cars and take them to the next level and not let them just languish or the buyer feel screwed in any way.

It seems to me Tobias is much the same, and puts a lot of investment and time into many of his sales and the end sum he gets isn't really making him much money based on my experience - as he says, some cars he takes the risk of buying are worthy and some are not. You can't be doing this stuff to make money, as it won't work.

I have saved up my collection of cars over several decades. But I have to store them where they will not deteriorate too much and maintain them at least a minimal amount. I do it to save the vehicles for the future, and no sane person would do this to try and make a profit.

You, Dave, maybe sell a car or two a year, if even that, and your cars are all very nice and well maintained and have considerable exposure and waiting buyers who have the means to make them easy to find. That is not the reality I or Tobias have in front of us, at least from what I know about what Tobias is doing, and of which Bill gets to see first hand.

I have never been called a flipper by anyone yet, because simply put, I am not one of those. And given the investment, risk and labor that I see Tobias making - as he says more as a hobby and a relaxing way of spending his time, I would not call him one either. It seems those who don't do much work on cars themselves or otherwise don't sell many needing some time to make really nice have no real idea what they are talking about when throwing around that term.

This is one of those issues where listening to others and treating each other with respect goes a long way to achieving understanding where there is peace on both sides. Arguing and name calling back and forth does't work, and that is why the U.S. these days is becoming demeaned by other folks around the world and we are becoming anything but great again and other countries are profiting who aren't in our best interests. Not everything has simple answers and none of us is really as smart as we think we are, including me. Reasonable humility wins the day, and arrogance ruins us and we are all guilty of the latter if we are honest with ourselves. We can do better. We need to.

And I am very excited to see these special Furys being saved and restored. I will be watching with great interest. Excellent!

Last edited:
You guys really got to look at it this way. Everything that goes overseas eventually ends up back here. Look at all the Hemi ebodies that came back. I think the one in craig Jackson's garage made that round trip. Didn't the Japanese own Rockefeller Center and Pebble Beach for a while before they came back. It's just a big cycle. Anyways those guys overseas sure take good care of the cars over there. They love them like their kids. You don't ever see em smashed or burnt up in movies like we do over here. And better over there than thru the crusher. Every time the price of steel skyrockets the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Just my 2 cents now back to the regularly scheduled programming...

Back in ND. Some people think we are part of Canada so maybe I can join in on the previous conversation lol.

B4359901-4C8F-44E7-9761-C1B8B4FC0AA3.jpeg

Back