One of my Hero's

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
And he's a Dodge man !!!

image.jpg

Because he was a man of his word. He ended the Cold War by out-smarting and out-spending the Soviets. He wasn't afraid of the media, and was not afraid to call a spade a spade. He brought a country that had 18% inflation and a 21% prime rate in 1981 (thanks, Carter!) when he took office and brought that to just 4% inflation and a 5% prime rated four years later. He brought the US together like no other President in the 20th Century, except possibly FDR. I could go on and on. The man is a genuine hero. I cried my eyes out when he died in 2005.

And his name is spelled "Reagan".

Excellent Patrick, but you left out one important thing. Reagan cared about me & you. He wasen't just proud to be American. He was proud that you & I where Americans !!!!

Here is a more relevant question, being that Reagan is ancient history in this lightning paced world of 24/7 news..... How does a guy, that had no experience, no job, no means of paying back his student loans, suspicious college background with no history of anyone even remembering him, rise to become a "Patsy Senator" then become the most powerful man in the world WITHOUT being crooked and corrupt!

And I agree... Reagan was one of the Best Presidents and Americans we ever had!

You mean he was more than just a western movie star???

That is a great image of a real leader driving an American product. I miss those days when most of America understood that the nation was great and unique.

I remember the country during the President Carter years. He was dealt a tough hand but simply wasn't up to the task. I also remember the feeling most people I knew had when President Reagan was elected. Simply put, he brought optimism and strength to a nation which had lost a step and was headed in the wrong direction.

I wish we had a Reagan waiting to run right now. God knows this nation needs a leader who will transcend the idiocy and change the course we are on.

For a spell in the early 70's, I lived in California with the USAF, and RR was governor. I was a kid back then and the media was roasting him for closing mental hospitals and putting the loons on the streets. Later when he was POTUS, I lived in Texas and got married. I recall those high interest rates. The conflict in Viet Nam was expensive and the bill had to be paid. Same story, different year. How has every regime since recorded history paid their war bills? Taxes and by extension interest. Reagan was entertaining though. That astrology rumor made everyone wonder.

Back