For Sale one sexy Fury wagon (on the surface, anyway_

Status
Not open for further replies.
And upholstery work from Tijuana.

Oh I don'kno, seats and door panels are livable but someone did make a serious effort to destroy the rest of the interior. Did they *REALLY* re-dye a cracked dash?

Oh and HOSE!
s-l1600.jpg

Also, and with the Central NY state area code I'd suspect a Turkey Run Leftover, or a fresh transplanted northerner...

1970.Fury.GT.Wagon.001.jpg

I still fail to see were the GT is in this. And the story line don' really jive with me.
BUT! You do get all the 'Staged' items!

I sense that a closer look at this one would only bring more heartbreak. The paint looks terrible so I can only imagine how bad what is underneath it is.

BINGO! you must be psychic, a little digging around on the sellers feedback finds the neg he left for the original Virginia car.

Lied , frame is rotted needs water pump floors all rotted no lights , Buyer: a***9 ( 49
iconYellowStar_25x25.gif
)
During past 6 months

1970 Plymouth Fury SPORT (#401604058890) US $200.00 View Item

BINGO! you must be psychic, a little digging around on the sellers feedback finds the neg he left for the original Virginia car.

Lied , frame is rotted needs water pump floors all rotted no lights , Buyer: a***9 ( 49View attachment 235581)
During past 6 months

1970 Plymouth Fury SPORT (#401604058890) US $200.00 View Item
He leaves negative feedback because the seller didn't mention the rusty frame yet he does not disclose it either.
1970 Plymouth Fury Sport wagon | eBay

From current ad text;

"Underside detail to include ceiling and preserving the underside of the vehicle the car looks as nice underneath as it does on the outside and currently needs no repairs"

I take it the "ceiling" means 'sealing' as that he got some rattle cans of 'FlexSeal' and covered up all the floor & frame rot.

"cars being listed with no Reserve please bid to win"

Then:

"so call me im setting a reserve this time as to what it will cost to buy this car"

and: "no PayPal"

Bids are already at $4,100.00 and I'll bet'cha he's made his money back.
(unless he gets stiffed on the final bid)

This auction has eekBay written all over it.

3 Bid retraction and cancellation on the original Virginia auction too.

Hmmmmm... Home reno guy, heh, House Flipper maybe, kind of explains the 'Staged' items.
With my many years experience here in Florida I wonder if anything back up north has gone sour business wise.
Seems the case with many, they come down here to declare bankruptcy via the Florida lax laws on that subject, nothing new, been that way since the great depression.

He's definitely has Turkey Run leftovers, here's one of his other eBay listings shot at the Speedway Turkey Run. 'Zombie Mobile'

s-l1600.jpg

I think I saw this listed last year as being owned by a guy who played football at WVU and used as a tail gate car
Those are Virginia Tech colors. The car was from near Blacksburg, VA, as I recall.

Some great detective work. Hopefully prevents someone making an expensive mistake, or at least going in with their eyes open.

Well that ended strange, last I checked bids had tipped 5k, and forgot to check further, then this ending.

12-12-2018 eBay Item Bid History_-https___www.ebay.com_bfl_viewbids_401652654990_018.jpg

Oooops Wonder if we had any influence on that outcome?

:lol: :icon_fU: :elmer:

I doubt it, love these buyers that get stuck with some crap only to pass it on to some other sucker. Funny ad, no reserve, then setting a reserve this time, for sale local, buy it now option applies without a BIN button? Maybe eBay yanked the plug or he was getting too many 419 calls from Nigeria.

:rofl:

:wtf: So the negative feedback is from a September eBay listing and noted that the frame is rotted and there are issues with the floor. Why would the seller spend the money on the stupid surfboard shop lettering instead of spending the money on fixing the issues. What an a$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back