Option for curved glass?

Jeff

Reaction score
I'm just posting this for future reference. It was interesting to me because I looked for a curved window for a 1946 Chrysler for several years and was unable to find one. I was watching Wheeler Dealer's last night. They needed a windshield for an early 70s Saab and didn't want to order it out of Europe so they went to Kotto Auto Glass in CA. Kottos has thousands of pieces of curved glass in its warehouse. They found a larger Chevy windshield with the exact same curvature as the Saab and then cut it down to match the Saab glass. This might not work for our cars because the windshields are probably larger than most of Kotto's samples, but it might be worth checking out if replacement glass is not being made for your car.
Auto Glass Custom car windshields side windows convertible top glass cars trucks busses SUVs MiniVans RVs Motorhomes trailers sunroof moon roof Orange County, Los Angeles Riverside county Cal So CA

I saw that as well. Nothing but the pattern (old glass), marker, free hand cutter, and a torch.
From time to time you do see son interesting restoration techniques or services.

Back