For Sale ORIGINAL OWNER '69 300 tnt CONVERT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta stick with the hat theme.
IMG_2281.JPG

Beautiful car, with all the right pieces. Only the road wheels are missing, but that can be fixed.
As to the slight differences in the shade of colour on the flanks, I think it might be more due to the digital camera picking up even slight variances, distorting them, than to anything else.
Now if you excuse me, I have an appointment with my bank manager, LOL.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="330dTA, post: Only the road wheels are missing, QUOTE]

The only correct road wheels for a 69 are the "recall cast road wheels". Very few C bodys and no 69 300's were factory equipped with them.
The 70 and later road wheels sure look good on them though.

Sauterd - I thought of you immediately when I saw this car on ebay. Wasn't surprised to see you started a thread on it.

I gotta disagree on the paintjob on this one, I think it's the biggest hurdle to a good price. Yes, I agree it can be made to look better, but IMO it will only be a shiny car wearing worn, end-of-life paint. If paint is made to be 'flat', so that it reflects the light, it will give the appearance of shine to the human eye. But that will not change any discoloration, thin spots, checking, etc. And a skilled eye will see that.

Yes, I am making my opinions based on photos on the internet, but so is everybody else.

There was a red '69 300 convertible for sale a year of so ago out of Austin, TX. Don't believe it was a TNT car, though. I remember he tried to sell it a year or so prior to that, and it didn't sell. Then tried again. Not sure of the results that time.

The old acrylic enamel can be "brought back", if it's not too dried out Orbital buffer (and correct pads!!) with a cleaner/polish, something like the Meguiars "glaze" to put oils back into the paint, followed by a good "straight wax" product (no abrasive). Other brands usually have something similar. A good cleaning and detailing would certainly help. Color "match" on the rh quarter would need some investigation.

Nice car, especially with the one-year lh ignition switch location (ala Ford). Looks like a normal water valve in the red heater hose? The '69s were neat, but I just liked the '70s better.

CBODY67

Sauterd - I thought of you immediately when I saw this car on ebay. Wasn't surprised to see you started a thread on it.

I gotta disagree on the paintjob on this one, I think it's the biggest hurdle to a good price. Yes, I agree it can be made to look better, but IMO it will only be a shiny car wearing worn, end-of-life paint. If paint is made to be 'flat', so that it reflects the light, it will give the appearance of shine to the human eye. But that will not change any discoloration, thin spots, checking, etc. And a skilled eye will see that.

Yes, I am making my opinions based on photos on the internet, but so is everybody else.
thanks to both for the info. yeah, it's great that it's been garaged and unrestored, but if the paint would not get better than it is, one would have to decide about maybe getting new paint which I'm sure would not be cheap. Thanks again, Dale

Put oil back into paint? Well I haven't had my tin foil hat on very long but I still don't believe that's possible :D.
Personally I like the1969 much better. I bought a 70 over a dozen years ago because there wasn't a 1969 in decent condition after searching for a full year so I settled for a 1970. I'd still like a 1969 but wouldn't bother trying to sell mine to find a 1969.

I sent the seller a question through ebay about how well the auto temp 1 system was working since the listing claims everything works. That was several days ago now, and still no answer.

It now has an opening bid.

Put oil back into paint? Well I haven't had my tin foil hat on very long but I still don't believe that's possible :D.
Personally I like the1969 much better. I bought a 70 over a dozen years ago because there wasn't a 1969 in decent condition after searching for a full year so I settled for a 1970. I'd still like a 1969 but wouldn't bother trying to sell mine to find a 1969.

Your post reminded me that there is a guy in eastern Washington state that has a pretty rust free 1969 Chrysler 300 convertible for sale as a parts car that is missing engine/trans and has a lot of parts to go with it as well. He wants $500 for it, so if anyone is interested, his name is Brian and his phone number is 509 999-4648. He can't access voice mail but if you call and no answer, he will call you back or you can text him. He is a good guy to work with. He also has a 383 engine that goes with it, but it of course isn't from this car. I don't have a photo of it anymore, but he can send you one.

I sent the seller a question through ebay about how well the auto temp 1 system was working since the listing claims everything works. That was several days ago now, and still no answer.

It now has an opening bid.
yeah, i messaged him several days ago to about any past repairs, etc. but no answer. Guess that could be seen as a red flag, or he just doesn't feel he needs to bother giving more info.

The guy has zero feedback on eBay, so I assume he's not familiar with using it. He may not be getting the messages or even know he has messages.

The guy has zero feedback on eBay, so I assume he's not familiar with using it. He may not be getting the messages or even know he has messages.

If he's the original owner then he's getting up there in age. Us old folks tend to be somewhat challenged when it comes to electronic communication. I've had a smart phone for almost a year now and just figured out texting, I can even take a picture now.....! (Thinking of putting a 9 year old on retainer). Best way to contact is via phone call. A little detective work may reveal a phone number.

He will be lucky to get anything over 10K for this car. C-Body fans dream of big money when they want to sell, but the reality is that C-Body fans don't want to pay. I just sold my C body convertible (which is a very rare engine/trans combo) for less than 15K...and the buyer for my car is in Australia! To the owner, I say good luck with the sale, but unless you drop the price you will be holding on to it for a long time.

[QUOTE="330dTA, post: Only the road wheels are missing, QUOTE]

The only correct road wheels for a 69 are the "recall cast road wheels". Very few C bodys and no 69 300's were factory equipped with them.
The 70 and later road wheels sure look good on them though.
Yup, If I ever get a 69 300, I'm putting recall wheel repops on it. Looks great.
69chr10b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back