WANTED outer driver bucket seat rail

Status
Not open for further replies.

swisherred

Reaction score
Contact seller
Im looking for the seat rails that goes on the outside of the drivers bucket seat for a 68. Im assuming they are the same over models. a set is fine, but really only need the outer one. If i cant fine one I will make a set.

I should be able to help. Can you post a photo of the one you are looking for? Any reason the one from your bench seat won't work?

I will get a pic shortly...they had different part numbers so I assumed they wouldn't work....I think the angle may be different but I will check.

Checked...the bucket seat brackets are taller in the rear than the bench. Although I do like to lean back....if I used them then I would need more so the passenger side matched. I think I should go with the proper part. Here you can see where the left outer is rusted out. Studs are gone...

20190804_123604.jpg

20190804_123618.jpg

To confirm, you just need one driver's side left seat bracket?
As far as I know. The passenger side unbolted with no trouble and seems to function properly. The drivers functions fine except for missing the bottom of the outside bracket. The lever side driver is what I need.

You wouldn't happen to know where I can get the lower plastics for these would you? I have the backs, but the bottoms are broken.

The day has gotten away from me. Will get photos tomorrow after work.

ABC Moparts has reproduction side shields. They sell direct and on eBay but they don't come with the chrome strips but I may be able to help with those.

The day has gotten away from me. Will get photos tomorrow after work.

ABC Moparts has reproduction side shields. They sell direct and on eBay but they don't come with the chrome strips but I may be able to help with those.
No rush. Thank you for your help. I looked at the seats real good today and might actually need both for the drivers side....the inner is there but I noticed the bottom is thinned down pretty good from rust. It might fail. I may just reinforce it...unless I can find both. I will check on the plastics you mentioned.

No rush. Thank you for your help. I looked at the seats real good today and might actually need both for the drivers side....the inner is there but I noticed the bottom is thinned down pretty good from rust. It might fail. I may just reinforce it...unless I can find both. I will check on the plastics you mentioned.

I have both sides, may have 2 sets if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back