Pabst Brewery and Mansion

I want their beer!

Make a day of it and take a tour.

Sample some of the freshest beer!

https://www.sprecherbrewery.com/

While you are there....

Tour the Miller and Pabst Breweries too.

You won't be disappointed!!!!

1200px-Flag_of_Milwaukee%2C_Wisconsin.svg.png

brew-city-mke-logo-RGB.png

upload_2019-3-15_18-3-41.png

Only if Wisconsin has Palm Trees and I'm not talking about the ones sitting in the lobby at Sum Ding Wong Restaurant.
Time to raise the flag :bs_flag:

They're still in snow season... NFW you'd want to use your "oil dry shovel" for it's originally intended purpose. :lol:

you'd want to use your "oil dry shovel" for it's originally intended purpose

Sorry, up here the shovel serves a dual purpose...this time of the year I keep it in my trunk in case I end up in the ditch. It was just removed this week to stand by status in the garage.

This is a 1902 tavern in the ghetto. I have high hopes for this place.

Urban spelunking: Uncle Wolfie's former Miller tied house

Lots of money and love went into refurbishing that building.

Just to be clear since I do not know much about the demographics in Milwaukee, was it in the ghetto in the 1902 era or now, or both? If you have high hopes, I assume it was ghetto back at the turn of the century but now it is in a better area?

Lots of money and love went into refurbishing that building.

Just to be clear since I do not know much about the demographics in Milwaukee, was it in the ghetto in the 1902 era or now, or both? If you have high hopes, I assume it was ghetto back at the turn of the century but now it is in a better area?

In 1902, this was part of the affluent part of the city. The demographics started to change at the end of WWII and people started to migrate to the suburbs. I remember in the late 1950's and early 1960's going window shopping with my parents in this neighborhood when the stores still had huge bay windows with fantastic displays. The north side started to deteriorate rapidly and all hell broke lose in the mid 1960's riots. A lot of places burned and were destroyed forever. Some buildings, like this one, survived and somebody made a hell of an effort to restore it. In the last decade or two there has been great effort by many to bring back the glory of yesteryear. Either restoring or repurposing buildings and warehouses. I'm just optimistic that these neighborhoods will continue in this direction and have ownership and pride in their own homes and businesses.

:usflag:

This building is 454,883 square feet and 6 stories high. One of the biggest department stores in Milwaukee.

Back