Pabst Brewery and Mansion

BTW, the Chrysler Building is one of the landmarks that I use to navigate around Lower Manhatten.

The Empire State Building is another place I like to tour when I'm in NYC. I wish there was a tour of the Chrysler Building. That is probably the best Art Deco building in the world.

You can go in the lobby of the Chrysler Building but that is the end. Pretty impressive!

chrysler_building_lobby-2-1.jpg

Watch this.....Milwaukee PBS tour of the Pabst mansion just came out tonight...……………...

Milwaukee PBS | The Arts Page

Thanks Pete!

I've been through the tour numerous times. They also have a special Christmas tour in December and they decorate the entire mansion. I don't remember what they said it would cost if built today. $40 to $60 Million IIRC. The Pabst Brewery has a tour too.

I would recommend seeing both if anyone visits Milwaukee. Not expensive....less than $20 for the tour.

This mansion on Lake Drive in Shorewood (suburb of Milwaukee) is being demolished. I don't see any reason to do that. Some people have more money than brains and tear these timeless mansions down just to build a modern mansion. Should be a dang law against that!!! On a positive note....everything that can be salvaged will be and available at a second hand shop in Milwaukee.

FB_IMG_1559145420610.jpg

Funny the people tearing down the mansion probably think it's tacky, or tasteless. Can't wait to see the abomination they put up in it's place.

Funny the people tearing down the mansion probably think it's tacky, or tasteless. Can't wait to see the abomination they put up in it's place.

The modern mansions I see that are built 9 out of 10 times really suck and to me look totally tasteless!

Pabst Theatre years ago and today.

View attachment 290171

At least the replacement building in the background supplanting the smoke stacks seems like a step in the right direction and seems to greatly upgrade the character of the area. And the Theater and adjacent building look to be in very good shape now too!

Back