Pabst Brewery and Mansion

How could they stand all those fumes for so long in their lives? They must have been very stout individuals! Maybe a few stout beers in their lives helped?!!

I'm having flashbacks!

It was horrible just going past the place. My friends parents just said they just got accustomed to the smell. The cattle skins came straight from the slaughterhouses and they were ripe when they showed up.

I'm having flashbacks!

It was horrible just going past the place. My friends parents just said they just got accustomed to the smell. The cattle skins came straight from the slaughterhouses and they were ripe when they showed up.
I live near a rendering plant, the smell conveniently drifts into town. I can totally understand that awful funk.

I live near a rendering plant, the smell conveniently drifts into town. I can totally understand that awful funk.

There are several slaughterhouses within blocks of the high school I went to 1969-1973 and it depended on which school lunch hour you had. There were 3 lunch hours. 2 of them were OK but the one must of vented the slaughterhouse smells pretty bad. Also there was chocolate factories that didn't smell too good either. JEFFREY DAHMER worked at one of the chocolate factories. I was in the Army and deployed when all of that was going on.

1966 Milwaukee Circus Parade on the streets of downtown Milwaukee. Almost every year during the 1960's and early 1970's. I was there every year with my family. I was 11 years old in 1966.

FB_IMG_1557490850949.jpg

1966 Milwaukee Circus Parade.

I miss my childhood and my family!!!

1877 on 5th & Vliet in Milwaukee. Made soda and then near beer during Proibition.

FB_IMG_1557503516961.jpg

I have never been to Milwaukee, but I sure love the old architecture that is still around. I will never tire of seeing those great designs. I can understand your deep affection to the history of the city. Thanks for all the fine photos!

I have never been to Milwaukee, but I sure love the old architecture that is still around. I will never tire of seeing those great designs. I can understand your deep affection to the history of the city. Thanks for all the fine photos!

Thank You!

One of the old cities that was smart enough to keep some of the old stuff around.

Eagles Club 1927. It use to be a club for the rich and famous. Ballrooms, boxing matches, dining g, swimming pool, etc.

Now it's a concert venue.....

Milwaukee has a program called Doors Wide Open where they have subject matter experts give tours of buildings and homes in Milwaukee.

1280px-Eagles-club_milwaukee-apr09.jpg

Back