Painting Stainleess

Mudeblue

Reaction score
Restoration continues with progress. Time to install rear panel. I need to paint inside of PLYMOUth letters with black paint. Used self etching primer and then with Semi-Gloss block enamel as a test. Peeled off like sixteen year old out of the back door of a 3.2 bar when the police walked in the front door. Anybody know the secret as to how to make the paint stay on? Thanks

915A8006-C598-49AA-8CD2-61134A308E91.jpeg

I cleaned with lacquer thinner and Q-tips. Painted with Testor's model paint. I flowed the paint in with a small artist's brush. That was two (?) years ago and no problems yet. My letters are chromed pot metal. If yours are stainless, that may cause different concerns. Hope this helps. Lindsay

Second the lacquer thinner (or acetone) and Testors enamel model paint. Emphasis on "enamel" and not their acrylic offerings.

1654981133337.png

I cleaned with lacquer thinner and Q-tips. Painted with Testor's model paint. I flowed the paint in with a small artist's brush. That was two (?) years ago and no problems yet. My letters are chromed pot metal. If yours are stainless, that may cause different concerns. Hope this helps. Lindsay
Gonna go for it as you suggested. Slow and easy! A little tape and a little free hand. Weeks project!

24BB8EBB-3730-4FF9-940D-E922ED8E069E.jpeg

Back