Hello from germany / 440 New Yorker

Just a question...are this Barracuda Rally rims on my NY? 8x15
Just had a hard fight to get them out of the car ( to proof the balance).
IMG_20231221_154311581.jpg

Last edited:
Long Time with nothing new coming from me.
I've read this hole thing: Exact Replacement A/C Components Now Becoming Available for Our C bodies
@saforwardlook you made me feel like I was not crazy and I want to thank you for that. Before posting on the forum I went through my fathers achieves of messages, returns and samples but could not narrow things down enough to make sense of why it would work for some but not all. My father would just make changes as samples came in thinking he might have missed something previously but they were still wrong. That's when I decided to do the research on the comments you all made. I am wondering if I should to get a few of the different boxes and see what differences there are on the evaps to see if we can modify them to fit in multiple applications without much modifications. If that is something most of you installing these would prefer.

As for the HeaterCore I thought those were finally correct as we modified those and have not had a return since 9/2021. Although I might have the applications incorrect. I am including the vpictures as well.

HC3070 I have fits: 65 66 67 68 69 70 Dodge Plymouth Chrysler A/C Dual Heater Core Coil
HC3071 I have fits: 62 63 64 65 Plymouth Dodge Fury B Body with factory air AC heater core
HC5777 I have fits: 69 70 71 72 73 Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth A/C Dual Heater Core Coil

View attachment 573170

View attachment 573171

View attachment 573172

Ordered back in 2023-04(?) an heater Core HC5777. Thank you @CoolerClassics.
Today I started pulling it out. Worked pretty well unless I tried to loose the hose clamps in the engine area. Well I ran out of time and will continue soon.

I am very grateful for the great posts and tips here.

To aid in the removal of the heater hoses . remove the right inner fender. It will also give better access to the heater box bolts and screws. Following the info in @ayilar thread will help you.

I'am just removing the inner housing. The A/C was emptied for shipping to europe and dosn't work.
Maybe @Tobias74 knows if it worked back in 2022 in the US?
I'am actually not thinking about refilling it this year...

My NYB has already the "994" valve shown in @ayilar s thread.

If i didn't have a lifetime employment for the federal government i would move to Montana or Idaho.

Which hoes would you recommend for replacing the OE red ones? They're done...
1/2" like this: GATES 28417 ?

I'am just removing the inner housing. The A/C was emptied for shipping to europe and dosn't work.
Maybe @Tobias74 knows if it worked back in 2022 in the US?
I'am actually not thinking about refilling it this year...

My NYB has already the "994" valve shown in @ayilar s thread.
Removal of the blower housing under the hood will help you in the reinstall of your heater box later. If you haven't already order a set of foam gaskets from DMT, ( @detroitmucletechnologoies). They don't cost that much and will greatly improve Air direction flow and performance.

20240219_092454.jpg

Last edited:
Just a question...are this Barracuda Rally rims on my NY? 8x15
Just had a hard fight to get them out of the car ( to proof the balance).
View attachment 642211
The wheel style is a 72/74 B and E bady whell, those wheels are likely from Wheel Vintiques an after market supplier that will make original style wheels wider. to help with removal lift one side at a time, remove fender skirt and then let the wheel roll under the drum inward. I found that has helped when I need to get wide wheels off. Your shocks might be B/E body length, they are too short. I found that most listings for C-body shocks are too short, I went through that with my Imperial. I started with the factory part number and did some cross checking and well, here is the post about the shocks. See post #19
1973 Imperial shocks.

Thank you for the DMT Link!!!! I will order this Set and a Splash Shield set. I have MONROE 32073 shocks (
Extended Length (in.)22.500

Dam* it. DMT doesn't ship to germany anymore. I'll have to place an order over the Moparshop (Germany).

Last edited:
Thank you for the DMT Link!!!! I will order this Set and a Splash Shield set. I have MONROE 32073 shocks (
Extended Length (in.)22.500
Is that the shock you have on your NYer now, 22.5 ext?
You should go the longer shock, 24" KG5413 KYB rear. KG4507 KYB front. Install 72 dodge pick up truck rear brake flex hose to allow max drop of axel to remove wheels easy. The listed c-body hose is too short and when you lift car the hose gets stretched.

Front are mounted KYB 4507 after reading recommendations here.

The DYNAMIC FRICTION DFC 350-47230 brake hoses in the front are close to be to shot.

@david hill thanks for your post. I've order over Moparshop Germany:
- Mopar C Body 69-73 AC Heater Box Rebuild Restoration Seal Gasket Kit 95§
- Mopar A B C E Body 72-79 Door Bumpers 4pc, 4$ and
- Mopar C Body 70-71 Chrysler New Yorker 300 MEGA Splash Shield Set 125$

Total price in germany...we'll see...

@ayilar i will take pictures and tell you if the set fits into the '73 model.

I've decided to get the heater box together this evening and recondition it when i take a look at the AC next winter. I also will keep the old heater core...just in case :D

After reading a lot about bad gas mileage I decided to buy an lockable tank cap. People recommended this as a cheap step to check if it's loosing gas over there. Engine mounts...hoses for the heater Core. And linkage bushings.

Edit: changed my mind: I will wait with reinstalling the heater core until the DMT set arrives.

Linkage bushings was definitely time!
17085238511359096295360822636571.jpg

Screenshot_20240221-145532.png

IMG_20240221_202506807.jpg

IMG_20240221_211542062_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Well...getting 80W90 oil out of the rear axle with leas than 50F with an electric pump is..."challenging". Had to geht it out by hand at the end :D.
Not it has 85W90 Axle Oil in it.

Ant how the h*** I had lived through the past 10 years without a lifting platform??!!!? 2,2 tons no problem:)

IMG_20240224_210923637.jpg

IMG_20240224_191859321.jpg

Well...getting 80W90 oil out of the rear axle with leas than 50F with an electric pump is..."challenging". Had to geht it out by hand at the end :D.
Not it has 85W90 Axle Oil in it.

Ant how the h*** I had lived through the past 10 years without a lifting platform??!!!? 2,2 tons no problem:)

View attachment 646276

View attachment 646277
I thought of buying one of those lifts, but I mostly slide under car from the sides when working and figured the lift would be in my way. How are you liking the lift?

I Wish i had bought one years ago to stop sliding under the car from the side. But I couldn't afford it.

Exhaust work could ne done with it. Rear axle also. Front axle... maybe not. Engine: I worked just in the back of the car yesterday.

The lift brought it up within seconds! Costs about 1900$ incl delivery.

Did the test with a pretty low Opel calibra. Worked fine. Lifting high max. ~ 3,28 ft

The lift is mobile and can be moved to every place in the garage.

IMG_20240211_210208640.jpg

Things are a little quieter at the moment. I'm waiting for the splash shield set and the seals for the heater core from DMT. Meanwhile I change the sway bar and strut rubbers. From March 7th the Chrysler will be back on the road. I'll change its seasonal registration to a normal year-round one. I have to check the fluid level of the power steering, fill up the ATF oil and put back in the heater core at the end of march.

After sitting in the garage during the winter y tried to start the blue battleship...we'll it fired up at the second try an less than 30 sec. Runs good.

Have to fill up ATF oil today and power steering fluid. Than back in the road.

ATF filled up car running, N, hot.

But power steering doesn't works. In German cars you just turn around a few times left and right and it's done...Mopar?!

IMG_20240309_201128218_HDR.jpg

IMG-20240310-WA0047.jpeg

Last edited:
Back