For Sale Parting 1970 300 Convertible

Can't believe all hoopla concerning this car back when I bought it off Craigslist. Yes the car was complete at that time... unfortunately it was rusted to junk and the engine was sized...sold drivetrain to a buddy who still has it...it's been a hell of a parts car... complete interior sold to one gentleman and I've been parting it out ever since.

The battery cable is original...a little faded but all there. $30 plus shipping...the booster is definitely a core...if I can remove it without breaking anything $30 and will ship with cable

Hey man, how have you been? I'm the one that bought the interior, wheels and bumper back in 2016. Had to promise the wife a trip to Niagara to get the parts, in the winter no less, lol. I can't believe you still have this thing, I thought it would have been gone long ago. Just goes to show you there are always parts people want no matter how small. That interior is going into my project next year. If you still travel to Allentown in the spring, I might be able to help out @ayilar with that windshield, if shipping doesn't work out.

Hey man, how have you been? I'm the one that bought the interior, wheels and bumper back in 2016. Had to promise the wife a trip to Niagara to get the parts, in the winter no less, lol. I can't believe you still have this thing, I thought it would have been gone long ago. Just goes to show you there are always parts people want no matter how small. That interior is going into my project next year. If you still travel to Allentown in the spring, I might be able to help out @ayilar with that windshield, if shipping doesn't work out.
Geez... I had to take Mrs. Big John to Niagara for the trip to Northeast, PA (actually in north west PA) to get the trim we split.

Anyone claim the brake lines/metering blocks yet? I'll take them if haven't been claimed or sold yet.

Brake lines from MC to block, to be more specific...although I will take the ones going to the wheels as well (front/rear).

@Dutchrebuild, it looks like the original factory side body rub strips are still there. Can you post a close-up of the ends? Are they in good shape? I've seen these V5X moldings coded on many a tag, but never seen originals in person, I believe these are stick-on and often discarded.

Anyone claim the brake lines/metering blocks yet? I'll take them if haven't been claimed or sold yet.

Brake lines from MC to block, to be more specific...although I will take the ones going to the wheels as well (front/rear).
Good call on those items, and you're probably already thinking that they'll require CLOSE inspection for corrosion. But if they do turn out to be a bit "squeamish" to use, you still have a great template for bending your own new set on the bench instead of on your car. :thumbsup:

For that matter, maybe you'll pass that template on to the next member who also needs to fabricate new lines. Just a thought!

I was hoping to use them but you are correct, they are old and if nothing else I would use them as a template. I don't trust reproductions as I've heard the quality control for the fitment is lackluster, and that point you might as well make your own lines.

@Dutchrebuild, it looks like the original factory side body rub strips are still there. Can you post a close-up of the ends? Are they in good shape? I've seen these V5X moldings coded on many a tag, but never seen originals in person, I believe these are stick-on and often discarded.

James, those are just some universal side mouldings on his car.

I believe the factory ones were simply chopped off of a roll at various angles. They were actually quite crude. Here's a shot of some originals:
70 300 trim.JPG

My friend has since removed them from the car because the left rear was damaged. If he still has them and they aren't put away up in his attic, I will see if I can take a close up photo.

Jeff

Moulding ends...all break lines are to rotted to even use as templets

View attachment 500420
That is aftermarket side molding.

Not uncommon and often added by the dealer on new cars. You'd buy a roll with the ends.

I bought a '73 Barracuda in 1974. One side had the factory side molding with the ends nicely molded in the trim and the other side had an aftermarket molding on it. It was a couple months before I noticed. The molding itself was a very close match.

I think it was a 3M product.

Back