For Sale Parting 1970 300 Convertible

That is aftermarket side molding.

Not uncommon and often added by the dealer on new cars. You'd buy a roll with the ends.

I bought a '73 Barracuda in 1974. One side had the factory side molding with the ends nicely molded in the trim and the other side had an aftermarket molding on it. It was a couple months before I noticed. The molding itself was a very close match.

I think it was a 3M product.
So are the cars with the V5X on the tags done at the dealer or in the factory floor? Seems odd that they would be putting on generic sticky backed rub strips on the factory, and even odder that it would be on the tag. On other cars the BSM is riveted on.

I was waiting for the right moment form the big reveal. Makes a better air cleaner display than a model of the car.

I realized when I saw that pic that you were lying in wait for another unsuspecting Bowling Bag picture to come along. :D

As for the air cleaner display, it's very cool because only FCBO fellows that are in the know will get the light blue bowling shoes.

Bravo on all counts!! :thumbsup:

So are the cars with the V5X on the tags done at the dealer or in the factory floor? Seems odd that they would be putting on generic sticky backed rub strips on the factory, and even odder that it would be on the tag. On other cars the BSM is riveted on.
Done at the factory and it was glued on for my '73. It's a little different than the aftermarket stuff, but close enough you would only see it when compared. The ends are the real tip off.

It bothered me a lot once I saw it, so I ordered some OEM replacement from the dealer and stripped the aftermarket stuff off. IIRC, the factory molding was a little more "robust" (for lack of a better word). It wasn't as flexible as the aftermarket trim and easier to lay on straight.

My 300 had a strip of the aftermarket trim on it when I got it. So many dealers, new and used, put this and pin stripping tape on a lot of cars. That's why I really chuckle when I see guys talking about the stripes and trim and wondering if it was factory.

One dealer I knew used to spray on "vinyl" tops too. They looked just like a real vinyl top, had the seam glued on too. I don't know how well it aged though.

Found another box of 1970 convertible stuff in the attic...
Main under dash harness is in very nice shape...the vent cables work fine...wheel has the one crack...

IMG_20211209_184446626.jpg

IMG_20211209_184446626.jpg

IMG_20211209_184454914.jpg

IMG_20211209_184509784.jpg

IMG_20211209_184531111.jpg

IMG_20211209_184541696.jpg

IMG_20211209_184611252.jpg

IMG_20211209_184825023.jpg

IMG_20211209_184846482.jpg

How about the front disc brake metering and proportioning valves shipped to 48506?
Thanks!

Just looking to see what is still available. Looking for quarter panels, front left fender, and the bottom piece of the front bumper as well.

how much for all the conv top frame and works and the panel between the trunk lid and where the top back window mounts ?

Back