Phone Cable Problems & Solution

1970FuryConv

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
If you're like me and you take a lot of pics during repairs and for reference, you may not have room to store them all on your phone.
Instead, you may want to organize them on your PC. And so you hook a USB cable from your phone to your PC and then cut, paste, organize.

I have a Google Pixel 3a, which I have been calling a POS because it seemingly couldn't download photos any more.
Cable was a month old. In desperation I threw out the cable and bought this at Marshall's for $4.

Now, the phone downloads fine. I had to apologize to my phone. Just saying, if you're phone can't download, it may not be your phone. :)
PXL_20220213_171653870.jpg

That's a bad cable of it didn't last a month. I have three year old cables I use daily, all from Google phones.

I just had to buy a new cable today, USB C . The cable I had in my truck was about 4 months old and just gave it up this morning. 6ft cable from Wally world and being it was in my truck it didn't get used every day

Why not download directly from SD card, no cable required? It's a bit faster. That's assuming you're not storing your pics on internal phone storage.

Why not download directly from SD card, no cable required? It's a bit faster. That's assuming you're not storing your pics on internal phone storage.
Would that use up data?
They slow my phone after I use a certain amount of data per month. T-mobile

Would that use up data?
They slow my phone after I use a certain amount of data per month. T-mobile
Uses zero data, your phone doesn't even have to be on. Your phone should have a micro-SD card, pop it out & put it a standard size SD adapter & plug it into your laptop. If your laptap doesn't have an SD input then you can just buy SD to USB adapter which is dirt cheap on ebay & other places. When I get a ton of pics on my phone I just transfer them to a PC. Of course if you're using internal phone storage only without an SD card this is N/A.

FWIW. The new (to us) Ford Edge we bought this summer has all the gee whiz connections to your phone.

Mrs Big John likes to connect her phone and use it to play music and she likes the Google Maps better and that all pops up on the screen in the dash. Myself, I don't bother with that...

Anyway... It wasn't working right when we got the car and a call to the salesman (friend of my son) and he said "Use a genuine iPhone cable" and yep, that was the problem. All the cheaper aftermarket ones didn't work, but the iPhone cable does.

Even the Google cable deteriorated rapidly. Maybe I can go to an Apple store and buy a spare cable.

Back