Phrases we REALLY see in "car-for-sale" ads...

"Hard part of restoration is done!"

Interpretation - I completely disassembled the entire car and have no idea of what to do now or how to do it.

Years ago Johnny Carson read some real car ads on his show. It was hilarious! I tried to find it on YouTube but couldn't. The only line I remember was, "Bring a leash and drag this dog home." Ha!!

Here is a new one to me on a $60,000 '70 Charger.

Only Message me if you can afford the car now.
You will need to finish the restoration

Just seen on Faceplant...
Grumpy old man here again :p
“complete car minus the seats...”

This tortures my brain.:BangHead:
How can it be complete if there’s parts missing!!!!

Last edited:
I've seen "complete minus drivetrain", and "Complete minus interior" Wat???

Also, recently I ran across an ad for a '68 Chevelle SS for $10K. Brought up the pics of a burned out shell that still rolled. Looked like it started in the dash and destroyed every part of the interior, plus all the glass, and got the metal top so hot, it warped a good two feet down. The rest of the body was scalded and got very hot. This was represented as a "restorable car" with "only new sheet metal needed to build a nice car again"...Hey Seller, did you not notice the interior was also burnt to a crackly crunch? I can only figure he wasn't insured and he was trying to get something from the Cheeto Chevelle .

He needed to simply remove the engine and transmission, and build another car from the ground up. From the pics the guy had, it looked like the drivetrain and the grille & bumpers were all that was remotely good...assuming it ran before the fire. I tried to find the car again online, but couldn't. His ad was truly classic.

Here is a new one to me on a $60,000 '70 Charger.

Only Message me if you can afford the car now.
You will need to finish the restoration
What’s their contact info? We should flood them with bogus messages LOL!!

Just seen on Faceplant...
Grumpy old man here again :p
“complete car minus the seats...”

This tortures my brain.:BangHead:
How can it be complete if there’s parts missing!!!!
That's like the common, "Except for the recovered seats, the interior is 100% original." No... it's not!!

Common misspelling from CL morons.
Oh, you were being facetious. :p As I said, I didn't get it, but yes, I see that all the time in addition to a plethora of bad spelling and grammar!

"My breaks failed me!" "Wow, that's the brakes!!"

Back