Pierce Arrow Museum in Buffalo

Big_John

Illegitimi non carborundum
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was working in Buffalo this week and since Mrs. Big John decided to tag along, we went to the Pierce Arrow Museum. It's not a big place, but the cars were first class. The lighting wasn't great for photos,

There were mostly Pierce Arrows (made in Buffalo), but they had an interesting mix of other vehicles too.

Moterette, made in Buffalo.

A Chase truck, made here in Syracuse.

Crosley delivery

1948 Playboy. Also built in Buffalo, it had a steel retractable roof. Playboy magazine took its name from this car... Seriously.

An early Pierce Arrow.

They also made motorcycles.

Thomas Flyer. A 1908 Thomas Flyer won the New York to Paris race. Made in Buffalo.

Thomas motorcycle.

Today's electric cars carry on the tradition of looking ugly. Another car made in Buffalo

1913 Baby Peugeot

They had a lot of advertising stuff from the era.

1931 Pierce Arrow

1918 Touring car.

1934 Sedan. Pictures don't do this one justice.

Frank Lloyd Wright's 1929 Cord.

They built a copy of a Frank Lloyd Wright designed gas station. Lighting was even worse in this part of the museum.

1921 Paige

1953 Caddy. Really nice.

1913 Ohio Electric

Bugatti.

Hippo car. Used to be a Mustang. Actually, the workmanship on this was very good. All copper and brass.

Old local B/A dragster from Niagara Dragway.

Pierce made some bicycles before they made cars. This one was for railroad tracks.

1958 Lincoln

67 Dodge R/T out front with an Auburn reproduction.

Kool stuff, thanks for posting. Love the FrankLloyd Wright car!

I grew up in Buffalo, my grandfather worked at the plant for a couple of years when he was young. The actual plant is still there but turned into a commercial park. Very interesting building,been there many times. This museum is not near the original plant. I'll have to pay this a visit next time I visit my family up there. Thanks Big John!

Awesome! Wright's Cord is stunning. I had hear &/or seen all of those makes except the Playboy, interesting and thanks for sharing.

Born and raised in Buffalo, but never been there. I did leave in 2001. Anyway have to see it during christmas, parents still live there.

I've always thought the mid 30's Pierce Arrows were magnicificent. I'd have a tough time choosing between a 34 short wheelbase, close couple sedan Pierce, Packard and Cadillac.

Idealy ..... one of each.
587696_18527995_1936_Pierce-Arrow_Club%2bSedan.jpg
1934%20Packard%2012%20Club%20Sedan%20Allen%20&%20Ana.jpg

1935_Cadillac_355ESeries20TownSedan_353ci_36.4HP_V-8.jpg

thanks for posting Big John.

Back