Plastic pieces

live4theking

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Guys,
You may have already heard about this, but I've not seen it on her so here goes nothing.

There's a bunch of little plastic pieces on the old cars that we love some of them are impossible to replace. There is a way to breath a little bit of life back into them though. I don't understand the science behind it but it works. Place the pieces in boiling water for about ten minutes or leave them soak in hot tap water for several hours, maybe even overnight.

I read about this several years ago, but was very skeptical. On day at work the shop guys were installing a tower cable and the clips keep breaking I suggested tying this because there was no way we could get a new batch of clips in time to complete the job. They looked at me like I was crazy I took the remaining clips we had and got the hottest tap water I could and left them soak for about four hours. They installed the rest of the cable without a single clip breaking. The clips were only about 2 years old.

Here's a link to the unit I believe they were working on. The tubular section on top is the tower. The black things going around are the zip ties on steroids that the clips went on.

Admittedly I've not had an automotive application to try this on though.

Back