Pleasant Surprise from Cardone #2!

Thanks for the reply. I too replaced my distributor with a Cardone unit.
As a note through my local parts store Cardone offers a re- build of your original distributor, water pump and alternator. If you want to keep your original cores or date codes it is a way to go. It does come at a premium price and some turn around time. But they did a nice job on my distributor and water pump. Well they look good anyway, I haven’t started it yet.

Hi
It’s good news that the car runs better :thumbsup:
I should have qualified my comment better that if the points happened to be in the right spot not running they can weld together or arch temporarily causing the gap to change which in turn will change the entire dynamics of the points system thus requiring adjustments, cleaning, or replacement.

I’m not talking leaving the key in the run position for s few seconds or minutes
It takes longer than that to happen
Again I’m glad that you were able to get the car running better.

As a note through my local parts store Cardone offers a re- build of your original distributor, water pump and alternator. If you want to keep your original cores or date codes it is a way to go. It does come at a premium price and some turn around time. But they did a nice job on my distributor and water pump. Well they look good anyway, I haven’t started it yet.

Yes, they will rebuild for you. I'm glad they did a decent job with yours. There is a most worthy fellow on this forum who does rebuilds too, who I would like to try when money and circumstances permit it. For now, I'm quite pleased with their new product, once I fit it with good U.S.A. made Mopar points and condenser. It was the relative rarity of vacuum advances and their price that drove me to this option.

I do the rebuilds, yes the vac advances are getting crazy. I have no issues with cardone at all except if you need a specific curve good luck from the parts stores they are kind of set in the middle of a span kind of like one will fit many applications, that is why they do not have tags/numbers on them. I had no idea they would rebuild yours to specs. Good to know. I specialize more to each application since as far as I knew there were not many shops around that could do that any more with oem parts, and specific curves.. Any one ever need info hit me up I am retired and have plenty of time to help people out.

I do the rebuilds, yes the vac advances are getting crazy. I have no issues with cardone at all except if you need a specific curve good luck from the parts stores they are kind of set in the middle of a span kind of like one will fit many applications, that is why they do not have tags/numbers on them. I had no idea they would rebuild yours to specs. Good to know. I specialize more to each application since as far as I knew there were not many shops around that could do that any more with oem parts, and specific curves.. Any one ever need info hit me up I am retired and have plenty of time to help people out.

There is still a fair chance that within a year, I will want one of YOUR rebuilds too! I'm starting to get a little income again, so God-willing, I can afford an ALL-AMERICAN MOPAR DISTRIBUTOR! I REALLY have come to LOATHE these foreign slave-shops and the grossly inferior crap they excrete for our $$. I suppose with at least some Yankee supervision, this reasonably faithful copy of 50 yr old proven technology will hold up for a couple years. We WILL see. If its worth $70-90, I'll recommend it then. Tilly IS running damned good with it for now.

You prob got lucky and it has a bit of a hotter curve than what was originally in you engine. Good to hear.

You prob got lucky and it has a bit of a hotter curve than what was originally in you engine. Good to hear.

I suspect you're right. I noted an LL in the block casting number recently when I pulled the starter. This motor was made for low compression and two barrels, no question of that. Yes, I'll run this outfit a bit, and God-willing, be able to afford your superior work in a year or so. I would LOVE to know what they're using for their vacuum advances....

Same here starting to have problems getting good ones under 30. The RB with the bent arm probably only able to get them from Tonys parts now he is repoping them.

Same here starting to have problems getting good ones under 30. The RB with the bent arm probably only able to get them from Tonys parts now he is repoping them.

Tony MIGHT be able to meet the demand a skilled individual like yourself generates, but Cardone has a large market base and some name recognition; ergo, they must be getting standardized units made recently by SOME current shop. I suspect that to be the same mysterious asiatic slave-den that makes the rest of the metallic portion of the 84-3817. The zinc plated breaker plate and stuff attached to it suggests a fairly unified manufactory. This being so, we might search for new made after market vacuum advance cans from the same folks who now are puking out the cheap little 2-barrel imitation Carter BBL carbs for 273-360s. I have YET to see them try imitating a Stromberg WWC, but scored a pretty decent rebuild recently which I'm planning to try. If it works, swell! Otherwise, I break the seal on the Hygrade 339A kit I also saw fit to cop for prudence sake......

Back