NOT MINE Polara 6-pack

True, but if I had 60000 bucks to throw around, I'm sure I could get buckets and a buddy seat somewhere.:D:D:D
If I had 60K to spend, this car would be low on the list, could get two or three really nice Imperials for that.

On Moparts.com there was a periodic misbelief that bigblock engines stamped HP2 were super-special, and experts had to frequently debunk that it merely meant it was stamped on 2nd shift.

Agreed, it needs body-colored wheels and Fratzog dogdish caps.
Those wheelcovers do not fit with the image the builder created.

I am undecided whether I would want the bumpers back to chrome, or painted as current. I'd drive it for 7-10 years while I decided...

That's a good perspective. I can see the car as a whole looking the part with the body coloured wheels and dogdishes.

I feel the hood scallops are not complimentary on this model, they seem more appropriate on late fifties/early sixties cars.

The bumpers in my opinion, need to go back to chrome. The mirrors may be able to stay, and the stripes look good to me. This is such a wonderful creation, I'm sure the new owner will be pleased.

The hood stripes do somewhat emulate the bulge-stripes that would be on a GT, and HP2 is in one of them, which is a nice touch.
But now that you mention it, I think maybe they would look better if the massive leading section were made thinner so the nose showed more paint and less stripe.

Back