Reaction score
DSC03190 (Large).JPG
DSC03191 (Large).JPG
DSC03192 (Large).JPG
DSC03193 (Large).JPG
DSC03194 (Large).JPG
DSC03196 (Large).JPG
DSC03197 (Large).JPG
I got a wild hair and am looking at this 88 diplomat police car. Not sure why other then it's so cool.
It was first in service in Spencer Tenn and a friend bought it through a bid process and has had it for 25 or so years. It's a genuine cop car loaded with period cop stuff and is fully functional. Has a cop 318 with 360 heads and cam and the original GM quadrajet carb. 999 transmission, super HD suspension and runs and drives great. Needs a good cleaning though.
Is this thing worth 5K.....?

probably in the police car world, especially since it is so complete

Is that mouse poop? Thats a lot of mouse poop if it is

I likr it, BUT would you use it?
It doesnt appear to me that this is something Will and Ellie would enjoy

Interesting that Chrysler released that package with a Quadrajet feedback carburetor apparently.

Interesting that Chrysler released that package with a Quadrajet feedback carburetor apparently.

I seem to remember looking up parts for early 80's Diplomats with the Qjet option. I know lots of techs back in the day would switch out a TQ for the Qjet.

That Dippie is well optioned. $5K isn't an unreasonable starting point. It looks like it would clean up well. These are increasing in popularity every year.

It seems like a very fair deal considering all the equipment on the car.

I don't think the Police Interceptor emblem on the front fender is a MoPar part.

I seem to remember looking up parts for early 80's Diplomats with the Qjet option. I know lots of techs back in the day would switch out a TQ for the Qjet.
Agreed, but not one with a solenoid operated (lack of) power valve and computer/O2 sensor...
$10 to $20 bought a QJ from the boneyard, they had tons of them... kits available anywhere for a few more dollars and a very simple spread bore carb to work on without the stigma of the phenolic body on the TQ... plus every month there was another article in some publication about how to build one for performance.

The TQ had some real problems with quality. The plastic body was not always flat and that caused all sorts of issues but that wasn't the only problem. Carter was in its death throws about that time. It closed in 1985

That Dippie is well optioned. $5K isn't an unreasonable starting point. It looks like it would clean up well. These are increasing in popularity every year.

It seems like a very fair deal considering all the equipment on the car.

I don't think the Police Interceptor emblem on the front fender is a MoPar part.

I wouldn't have guessed Will had an inner cop waiting to come out... but I bet finding all that stuff today is tough, especially if it's all working.

And I bet a dollar that interceptor emblem peels right off...

Yep, there is a fair share of mouse poop. Solid car that needs a serious cleaning.

Good luck to you if you decide to buy it... if anyone can detail it back into what it should be, your the guy.

I have read lately of 50's,60's and 70's police cars becoming very popular. This car seems so complete and when I saw vids of older police cars the restoration process was big as well as getting the original radios and other police equipment found.
I know nothing about police cars but I would think this would be a very important piece in the future to someone.

Isn,t it unusual to have all the equipment
Still in the car? When younger I wanted to buy a Crown Vic retired police car but all police stuff was stripped.

Back