WANTED Power antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
My antenna on the '66 Imperial was replaced with a cheapo auto parts store manual antenna long before I ever got the car.

Does anyone have a power antenna assembly COMPLETE and working for sale? I have the dash switch and the wire coming off that, and that is it. What'cha got???

I have an OE power antenna confirmed in working condition that I purchased from Graham, Dobalvr from a 77 New Yorker, but turned out the shaft was too short. So I just had my OE refurbished. I’ll send you a picture if interested.

Patrick,
I found it! I guess I may have miss stated on my quote. I meant to say I would sell it for $60.00. With shipping costs these days I would not even get half of what I paid for this thing. I thought I paid $79.00 for it but it appears it was $99.00. I would still sell it for $60.00 but could you do another $20.00 to cover part of the shipping and Paypal fees? If so, I could send you a Paypal invoice. Would just need your email address.
Sorry for the miss quote.
Ed B

Just happened to spot this and went back looking for it.
1964 1965 1966 CHRYSLER IMPERIAL POWER ANTENNA GUIDE AND CLIP ORIGINAL OEM A+ | eBay

This would (should?) have the correct angle for the mount to the fender, assuming it's in the stock location.

Not to disparage anybody trying to sell you a later model antenna, but if it were me, I'd think about buying that part above and look for another antenna (like from a similar Chrysler) that you can fit that bezel to, or find the right one to begin with.

I went through this with my '70 300 and with my car, nothing but the real thing will work. Not saying that something else won't with yours, just the correct antenna might be the least frustrating.

The one in the left is the one you get should you decide.. as pictured it measures 12 inches from the motor to the top of the shaft the one on the right is the one I had restored and installed in my car.
upload_2021-3-8_15-55-54.jpeg

What did the left antenna come from? My '66 FSM for the Imp shows the left unit to be closest to correct. Do you have the antenna base that the mast pops up from?

What did the left antenna come from? My '66 FSM for the Imp shows the left unit to be closest to correct. Do you have the antenna base that the mast pops up from?
I’m not sure on what car it came from, I was in need of one and a Canadian member sold this one to me, but it turned out to be too short as I mentioned. I can reach out to him and see if he has some information on it.
It’s a screw in base, and I don’t have that. I just used the one from my car.

on another note, I paid $100 for the antenna. I’m looking at the other antenna offered to you, it certainly the cheaper option. Unless you’re looking to stay OE, what I’ll do for you is, I’ll take 80 for it. You pay for shipping, give it a test to make sure it works and fits your needs, if it’s not what you want or need, send it back to me. If you keep it then as I mentioned I’ll take 80.

your call.

I would say if either of those is correct it’d be the one on the right. Both for length and style of connector.
I have one from a ‘64 and a few from ‘67(non available) and they’re all closer to 16”. I’ll post a pic of the one I have from ‘64.

I was told this was removed from a ‘64 and side by side it’s the same as the ones I have here for ‘67.
368F3E3E-6E66-4607-9CFD-FE320838EEFB.jpeg

Let me look at a couple of things on the car this evening and I'll have a better handle on what I have and what all is missing, other than the antenna assembly.

I was told this one is from a '66 (not for sale - just posting for info). Looks correct, but it is 6 months ago since I had the inner fender out to check the damaged one on the car. (50cm = 19.7")
qVT2YV6U90M6CeGj5scWi4hTKB4XZNXhzAdGbPRMMBeVNKb4E5z0Tv6PBnCc9RNpSwlQjrq-=w741-h987-no?authuser=0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back